S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Director, Insurance Indices, Multi-Asset Product Management The Location:
( US Virtual or Office in NYC or Chicago) Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only):
13 The Firm
S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI) is the world's leading resource for benchmarks and investable indices. Our solutions are widely considered indispensable in tracking market performance, evaluating portfolios, and developing investment strategies. The Team
Product management plays a lead role in developing new indices and managing the existing product suite. Focused on developing solutions for a broad range of clients, the Multi-Asset Product Management team is responsible for the P&L of outcome-oriented index solutions such as managed volatility, options strategies, retirement, dynamic allocation, and liquid alternatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a product team in a growth stage. The Role
The team is seeking a Director to support and promote our multi-asset indices for the Insurance Segment. Bringing relevant technical and product experience from working at an insurance carrier, structuring/QIS desk at a bank, or similar, the candidate will be responsible for developing new indices targeting Insurance products including, but not limited to, Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIAs), Indexed Universal Life (IULs), and Registered Indexed-Linked Annuities (RILAs). With a push-pull framework, this will be done by both generating new internal ideas pushed to the market, as well as proactively working on ideas coming from the market (clients, partners).
The role will also help develop, shape, and execute the insurance business strategy working with commercial teams. This is a highly technical role, but also requires effective communication and collaboration skills, and a commercial-focused mindset on maximizing P&L. What's in it for you
- Regular interaction with clients to develop new strategies and act as subject matter expert on methodologies
- The opportunity to be a spokesperson for the world's most prominent and important multi-asset indices
- High visibility to senior leaders within our organization and with our key clients
- A challenging but rewarding role that requires collaboration with a wide range of internal teams and clients
What we're looking for
- Create product strategies, in particular development of multi-asset strategies for the indexed insurance market, develop product positioning, and help drive the commercial success of the multi-asset franchise
- Partner with client coverage, channel management, and marketing teams to strengthen our relationships with clients
- Be a subject matter expert on index methodologies
- Promote our indices via client meetings, webinars, and conferences
- Oversee the new index launch process
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal teams including research & design, client experience, governance, index management and production group, and communications
- Publish thought leadership including presentations, papers, blogs, index analysis, and commentary
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience working in the indexed insurance product ecosystem in a technical, product, or actuarial role, either at an insurance carrier or structured/QIS desk at an investment bank, or similar
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and presenting
- Progress towards, or obtained the FSA or ASA designation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in mathematics, finance, or a related field
- Proven track record in product development and/or research
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to roll up the sleeves and execute
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Progress towards, or obtained a CFA charter
- Programming skills (Python, R, Matlab)
- Knowledge of analytical platforms such as FactSet, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MSCI / Barra, or Axioma
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $210,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
292125 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States