- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director, Inside Sales Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's Analytics is a leading provider of risk and credit solutions to financial services, corporations and government organizations globally.
We seek an experienced sales executive to lead our Inside Sales function. The position is responsible for sales attainment, sales team management and sales strategy. It encompasses leading a national sales team focused on generating new business by opening up new accounts. The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in managing inside sales teams. The position involves working closely with clients, sales staff and internal product strategists. Responsibilities include:
- Inspire the team to build new client relationships through a strategic sales approach increasing sales activities and achieving quarterly/yearly targets.
- Management of the team includes motivating, coaching, developing & appraising staff members to ensure that the team:
- are fully trained to meet the needs of their roles;
- achieve or exceed their objectives;
- create and apply best practices in delivering sales messaging and presentations to prospective clients;
- deploy the team effectively to maximize sales impact.
- Leader will develop and monitor sales rep use of core sales mechanics and sales cycle motions.
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining and training the team to optimize department performance.
- Participate in customer presentations and maintain excellent customer relationships at key accounts.
- A bachelor degree is required.
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years of successful business-to-business selling experience.
- Sales team leadership experience preferred.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Mastery of the lead-to-order process and key sales skills.
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting in a CRM system.
Skills and Position Requirements:
- The candidate should have sound leadership skills and the ability to actively manage and coach individual team members.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Has grown and successfully run an Inside Sales team on a national or regional basis.
- Consistent record of exceeding sales targets and motivating the sales team to aggressively exceed targets.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.