Director Index Governance
JobDescription : The Role:
Director, Index Governance, North America The Location:
New York, New York The Team:
The Index Committee Management team, part of S&P DJI Index Governance, manages around 50 index committees. The Impact:
Each committee is responsible for several indices, divided up by asset class, region or investment strategy. Every committee is chaired by a senior member of Index Governance. The committees approve changes in constituents and weights for the indices under its purview and has responsibility for the relevant index methodologies. What's in it for you:
- You will chair, direct and manage the Index Committees responsible for equity, fixed income and commodity indices covering securities in the United States and Canada. In addition, you will work with others in index governance in preparing and implementing policy to ensure compliance with various regulatory authorities and proper calculation and maintenance of S&P DJI Indices.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Manage and chair index committees responsible for equity, fixed income and commodity indices in North American markets.
- Promote an environment of healthy debate among index committee members, and provide training on index policy and governance to S&P DJI staff in North America.
- Work closely with index managers and analysts to continually improve the effectiveness of index committees.
- Manage the annual methodology review process for all indices covered by these committees.
- Participate in development, review, implementation and training on global policies covering index methodology, announcements, and committee operations.
- Collaborate with other groups to manage exchange partnerships and associated index committees, including periodic in-person meetings with external committees.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understanding of global financial markets
- 10+ years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role.
- Well-rounded knowledge of the steps in index construction including security selection, constituent weighting, calculation, and maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of financial market operations and familiarity with local financial markets in the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to meet with and explain index procedures and calculations to a wide range of people including exchange partners, clients and regulators.
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements (NA Only):
- Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance
- CFA Charterholder
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with others and manage projects
- Experience with corporate action research, stock-screening, index rebalancing
- Strong understanding of how indices are used, the impact of different methodologies, corporate event events on both indices and financial portfolios.
Auto-populated by our ATS. Do Not Manually add this language to your job posting.