Director, Head of Digital Workplace Engineering - Technology & Operations
Description About this role
The Digital Workplace Engineering Chapter for the strategic design and implementation of End User Computing technologies for the global enterprise across Windows, Mac, Mobile, Unified Communications and Collaborations and Tools, Automations and Integrations. The team strives to embrace and deploy evolving technologies and methodologies aligned with a global strategy across end user devices and locations.
- Working as a part of the Digital Workplace team the Head of Digital Workplace Engineering will be responsible for applying advanced IT technologies, concepts and governance techniques across the organization
- The Head of DWE will interface with multiple teams such as Infrastructure, Information Security and Application Development to design and deliver a cutting-edge productivity platform for end-users
- Act as a technology leader for the strategic direction of current and future Digital Workplace Experience solutions.
- Lead and implement gold standard administration and engineering for the firm's Digital Workplace Engineering portfolio
- Lead technical discussions with stakeholders that drive decisions and planning
- This role requires in depth knowledge of best in class and leading-edge technology solutions to deliver a modern user experience.
- Lead the teams responsible for the design, implementation and support of all endpoints, software and the systems used to access, deploy, and manage them.
- Create and maintain complete end-to-end virtual desktop and application lifecycle.
- Create and maintain process for modern OS and software and patch deployments.
- Drive a product management lifecycle mindset and supporting process.
- Design and implement continuous, automated endpoint testing.
- Drive a culture of balancing user experience and security into the end user workspace.
- Guide the team through project planning, budgeting, prioritization, and execution.
- Proven multifunction leader with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
- Mix of strategic IT planning and tactical execution skills
- Experience in delivering solutions aligned to Agile methodologies
- Hands-on architecture/design and implementation experience
- Experience with planning and executing virtualization of desktop environment
- Experience with Mobile Application Management and Mobile Device Management platforms.
- Experience with Cisco and Microsoft communications technologies
- Experience with Windows Automation, PowerShell, and automation frameworks
- Experience with endpoint management systems (such as Intune, AutoPilot, SCCM).
- Experience with application compatibility testing, and software distribution.
- Experience with client SSL VPN, or other remote access products
- Experience with Unified Communications and Collaborations systems
- Emphasis on Microsoft Office 365 Services
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.