Director, Head of Commercial Data & Analytics
: Director, Head of Commercial Data & Analytics Grade
: 13/14 (for internal use only) Location
: New York preferred The Impact
S&P Global is seeking a business intelligence expert to join S&P Dow Jones Indices as Head of Commercial Data & Analytics. In this role, you will lead the Commercial Data & Analytics team within the Commercial organization. You will develop a strategy and roadmap to evolve Salesforce capabilities to support mid-to high single digit top line growth. You are responsible for turning data-based insights into current and forward-looking state of sales to drive strategic & tactical action to achieve business goals. You will drive strategic decision making and execute new strategies via advanced analytics, disciplined test & learn, and effective partnerships.
You will report to the Head of Commercial Excellence and work closely with the Commercial (Client Coverage, Channel, Marketing, Research), Product, Legal, and Finance teams. You will manage a team of CRM, Salesforce, and sales analytics resources. You and your team will develop a deep understanding of the business models in which we operate and deploy leading edge technologies and sales tools to provide sophisticated data-driven prospecting, metrics, and actionable intelligence. As leader of the team, you have strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the crucial commercial insights to colleagues at all levels. You will help strengthen commercial excellence within SPDJI, drive greater efficiency, and strengthen controls. Responsibilities
: Data ownership and enrichment
Sales plan development and reporting
- Develop data infrastructure - data pipeline, reports, and other tools (e.g. Tableau, Salesforce) to generate insightful commercial analytics
- Own and manage all commercial data and repository including third party commercial data (e.g. client requests, engagement, events, Marketo, Euromonitor, etc.)
- Architect the functionality of Salesforce, building out and integrating Salesforces within the SPDJI's commercial organization
- Democratize sales data by enabling commercial data access to key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics
- Develop actionable data-driven insights through a deep understanding of the business and its commercial data
- Deepen relationships with cross functional teams to identify commercial data needs, gaps and identify data solutions
- Identify and execute commercial data automation and streamlining opportunities
Commercial insights for lead generation
- Partner with Head of Commercial Excellence and Chief Commercial officer to build sales targets and incentive plans
- Design and deliver insightful analyses and reporting to measure performance and sales targets (e.g., revenues, meetings, incentives, etc.)
- Create a comprehensive and consistent reporting and visualization suite showcasing performance against commercial initiatives
- Leverage data to develop insights, measurement capabilities, and KPIs to enable regular executive updates and benchmark creations
- Identify cross- and up-sell opportunities by analyzing internal client data/trends and competitor share-of-wallet analytics
- Identify high propensity customers and next best offers using predictive models
- Generate pre-sale analytics that drives continued growth of the SPDJI business, as well as post-sale analytics to support renewals
- Actively explore business development opportunities through data analysis, enabling business development initiatives with clients
- Create business modeling for top line revenue/margin analysis, using modeling to standardize GTM process and segmentation analysis, planning, and execution
- Identify opportunities to leverage standard Salesforce capabilities and implement industry best practices and governance parameters, to solve for end user pain points and improve user experience and platform performance to drive business value
- Improve efficiency of Salesforce tools enabling commercial organization to move with speed to grow and drive enhanced productivity
- Responsible for Salesforce solution development including new Salesforce capabilities and deployment
- 8+ years' experience in CRM and client data reporting/analytics, preferably within the Financial industry
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or related field), Master's degree preferred
- Exceptional analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner
- Understanding of sales and digital marketing platforms and working knowledge of sales systems and tools
- Knowledge of automated systems for statistical analysis and tracking of commercial sales data for forecasting purposes
- Knowledge of forecasting techniques, surveys, trend analysis, econometric models, and machine learning algorithms
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel, Salesforce, SQL, Tableau, R; Salesforce certification a plus
- Technical expertise in modeling, forecasting and finance
- Advanced knowledge of DW & ETL, Python, SAS
- Ability to visualize complex data sets that provide insights and clearly inform areas of action
- Ability to project-manage effectively, and manage several concurrent projects through collaboration across teams/geographies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build and retain strong working relationships
- Organized, detailed-oriented and strategically focuses
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Previous experience working across a fast-paced matrix organization partnering with cross-functional teams and external vendors to deliver analytical insights at top speed
- Previous experience in commercial data management and reporting - ability to synthesize various, independent generated, commercial data points into a cohesive analysis
- Previous experience with Salesforce implementation or experience in developing, managing, or enhancing Salesforce CRM platforms
- Proven track record of converting business needs into analytical plans - experience with critically evaluating complex business information from multiple perspectives, including questioning assumptions and validity
- Proven experience of building solutions and enabling analysis at scale to drive decision-making
- Proven track record of effectively managing and coaching direct reports
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills in a team setting, including extended teams where members are not always direct reports
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com . Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $133,700 to $277,700 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
268059 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States