Director, Head of Aladdin Accounting Product Management
Description About this role
As we evolve the Aladdin Platform and accelerate our accounting strategy, the Director, Head of Aladdin Accounting Product Management will hold accountability for the product development for the accounting offering. As a Product Manager, you'll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other team members to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems. Product Managers influence partner teams to build agreement on product vision to create a market-leading product.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in building an accounting platform. This is a highly collaborative role, requiring partnership with global counterparts. This position reports to the MD, Head of Post-Trade Product Management. About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with transparency. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a wide range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including:
- Data management
- Trade and custody operations
- Derivative operations
- Production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, statutory, and tax)
- Comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement
- Product Story: Define the product story - both short term and long-term strategic vision. Champion the Aladdin Accounting agenda throughout the firm and the industry
- Dedication to build: Influence and lead a large-scale virtual product team; educate and receive feedback, so we can build tangible prototype that results in real business benefit and happy clients
- Technical Partnership: Partner with engineers throughout the development process from idea conception to product launch
- Commercial opportunity: Identify gaps, share strategy, and lead co-marketing efforts
- Talent development: Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and by providing ongoing mentoring to the team. Lead a data driven team that tracks and measures usage and metrics to inform product strategy and deployment strategy
- 1Aladdin & BlackRock engagement: Drive colleague engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision
- 10+ years of experience operating within a technology platform / business
- Accounting / operations management experience with an asset or insurance manager
- Experience building accounting products and experiences
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Ability to represent the firm in industry forums and events
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and planning skills
- Outstanding influencing skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter
- Strong technical abilities with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary
- Desire and ability to develop talent
- CPA and/or CFA preferred
- Institutional financial services technology experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.