Job Reference # 191756BR
Are you eager to expand your eDiscovery expertise working on complex and global matters and developing global and regional policies, procedures and practices for effective and defensible data handling within an international bank? Are you excited about working with stakeholders in Group Investigations, Legal, Compliance, Technology, and other eDiscovery teams globally to deliver a high quality service to our clients? As a Director within the eDiscovery & Analytics team you will focus on the following tasks:
- manage eDiscovery in a portfolio of complex and global litigations & investigations
- advise legal, compliance and group investigation stakeholders on eDiscovery issues & strategies that comply with the relevant policies, laws and regulations arising in connection with litigation, internal investigations, and regulatory inquiries
- report directly to the Americas Regional Head of eDiscovery & analytics
- manage day-to-day eDiscovery operations to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of eDiscovery services, including those related to the preservation, collection, search, review and production of data for legal and compliance matters
- work with other global eDiscovery service and technology team members, including in-house and outside counsel, compliance officers, privacy and security specialists, information technology partners and external service providers
- contribute to the oversight and execution of process improvements to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and to meet existing and future demands
- advise on options for cost management; resolve matter related issues
- serve as a subject matter expert on eDiscovery topics -help with the on-boarding and training of new and existing customers and serve as a regional representative on cross-divisional meetings and working groups
- work closely with other eDiscovery team members and IT partners on regional and global matters and projects to ensure alignment of processes
- support global project leads on the implementation of relevant initiatives
The Global eDiscovery & Analytics team advises Legal, Group Investigations & Compliance on eDiscovery issues in connection with litigation, investigations, and regulatory inquiries. We also assist with the development and implementation of sponsored eDiscovery initiatives within the Americas region and globally. The docket within the Americas region is significant in scope, size and importance and can extend globally. As such, our team works collaboratively with other business partners to ensure consistent and effective strategies are employed, such as in-house and outside counsel, compliance officers, privacy and security specialists, technology partners and external service providers.
- JD equivalent or JD equivalent
- admission to the Bar (any state)
- minimum of four years of experience in eDiscovery either at a law firm, in-house
- deep understanding of current eDiscovery law and jurisprudence, eDiscovery processes and current & evolving eDiscovery technologies
- demonstrated understanding of eDiscovery practices, including the relationship between eDiscovery and related disciplines (eCompliance, Records, Information Governance, IT, Data Privacy/Protection, Data Security);
- demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion and achieve goals
- demonstrated ability to proactively identify continuous improvements in policies and processes and execute on those improvements
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- detail-oriented, analytical, technical, flexible, self-motivated, big-picture minded and a change agent
- well versed in eDiscovery tools and microsoft office applications
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.