Director, Fund Finance, Financial & Strategic Investors Group
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To maximize customer profitability from FSIG and FI relationships, responsible for portfolio management of the global Fund Finance book which includes (i) Fund level subscription financing; (ii) Fund Level Hybrid financing; (iii) Fund level NAV financing; and (iv) GP financing.
- Assist to maintain governance and oversight of the Global Fund Finance book.
- Responsible for portfolio management of the global Fund Finance portfolio
- Lead internal strategic initiatives & projects
- Prepare and present management reports
- Monitoring of the global portfolio; ensure fund finance business conforms to the Global Underwriting Guidelines, the relevant Product Program Guidelines, and all policies and procedures
- Responsible for annual review and renew of the Global Underwriting Guidelines
- Manage and enhance Subscription Finance Database
- Establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders, relevant functions and product partners to efficiently and effectively deliver the product to our clients;
- Contribute to the quantitative and qualitative performance objectives set for the Fund Finance business;
- Support the development of new products and new structures to meet client needs and market trends;
- Represent SC Fund Finance in the marketplace; provide connectivity with banks and market partisans of the products covered;
- Portfolio maintenance, track and review processes
- Business and credit application and approval processes
- Client due diligence & legal documentation processes
- Balance financial performance with proper risk mitigation and compliance-driven culture;
- Assume accountability for portfolio management and management reporting.
- Follows Operating Procedure and Framework for Fund Finance business.
- Adherence to Group's policies and procedures.
- Ensure business model adheres to SCB values.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- As part of Fund Finance team, achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head, Fund Finance
- Regional Heads FSIG, GB
- Global Head, FSIG
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 5+ year of experience in commercial and/or investment banking or associated disciplines
- Comprehensive knowledge of lending products, including subscription finance industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of capital models
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of SC systems or the ability to obtain such knowledge in short amount of time
- Strong analytical, quantitative and credit underwriting skills
- General market knowledge in Fund Finance market
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.