In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity-not just answers-in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll , you'll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Financial Instruments and Technology Group in Kroll is continually developing new and innovative applications to feed our clients' needs to stay atop marketplaces, analyze their investments and gain new insights into planned or existing holdings. We are growing our technology team with engineers who have deep knowledge of complex computing systems, know how to structure programs and interfaces in the face of complexity, communicate well, can work on multiple projects simultaneously, and enjoy interacting with technical and financial people.
Our culture is open and collaborative with a thirst for new challenges and exceeding our client expectations. It is a mix of quantitative and technical people with an openness to new approaches and ideas that show merit. Our business is growing, with new opportunities emerging every year.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients' most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll . RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expertise of financial valuation theory, methodologies, applications, and fundamentals of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models, and the financial theory underlying the models, including: using DCF & market approaches, option models, monte-carlo, and other structured investment models
- Ability to work on dozens of projects at the same time and granular attention to detail.
- Strong leader skills. The candidate should be a creative thought-leader, with the ability to lead a client engagement, onboarding new clients, working with analysts to use industry best practices in modeling and valuing investments and deliver reports to client on-time.
- Ability to respond to client questions, auditor questions, and investor questions. Ability to articulate and defend modeling approach under scrutiny.
- Strong risk mind-set with a working knowledge of cash flow modeling, default and prepayment modeling.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to find practical solutions to challenging problems.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver solid action-oriented results under tight deadline
- Excellent problem solving analytical skills, detail-orientation, independent thinking, organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate assumptions, methods, and results to peers and management
- Team work and commitment a must.
- PhD or masters in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics (or other related quantitative discipline).
- 12+ years of relevant work experience.
- Fewer years of relevant experience will be considered for candidates with higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master's degree or CFA.
- Expertise in developing consumer residential, commercial credit loss models.
- Expertise in modeling structured credit, including ability to understand and appropriately model deal nuances from governing documents
- In-depth understanding of statistical inference and related techniques.
- Deep knowledge in a statistical or analytical modeling language such as SAS, Matlab or R.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets using Excel or SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of model performance measures.
- Programming skills: Python, Visual Basic, C/C++, R
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
All employees must comply with Kroll's mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.