Director, Family Office Team (East Coast)
Description About this role Background:
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital markets, and continually aims to broaden and deepen its investment and risk management capabilities. BlackRock's commitment to analytical and investment excellence is anchored in a culture that places clients' interests first. BlackRock exclusively acts as a fiduciary to its clients, never trading as a principal or on its own behalf.
The US & Canada Institutional Client Business (USCA ICB) creates and delivers investment solutions for institutional clients and consultants throughout the region. As North America's largest Institutional Manager, USCA ICB is a team of world class relationship management, client service and marketing professionals dedicated to serving institutional clients, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, insurers, and family offices.
The Family Office (FO) team is responsible for distributing BlackRock products and solutions to Family Offices and their Foundations, certain Multi-Family Offices and increasingly new Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) mandates, where the firm takes on full asset management responsibilities for a particular UHNW client or family. The FO team has members in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Miami.
The dedicated FO team leverages the depth and breadth of BlackRock to deliver investment solutions that are aligned with family office priorities. From preserving wealth to maintaining cash flow to outperforming public markets, the family office clients use BlackRock's full spectrum of public and private markets strategies to help secure the financial futures. The FO team focuses on investing for the long term and their commitment to risk management helps family offices to maintain and grow their portfolios. Role:
Director, Family Office team (East Coast)
Reporting to the Head of the U.S Family Office (FO) team, and working closely with the Head of Family Office, Endowments & Foundations, the Director will be responsible for leveraging the resources, relationships, and insights of BlackRock to help family offices throughout the Eastern U.S. (specifically Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region) achieve their objectives across a full range of private and public markets. This individual will ideally be based in New York and will be responsible for working closely with a team of professionals who will develop and maintain relationships with existing clients and prospects. In addition to supporting the broader FO Sales and engagement strategy, this individual will partner with the Head of the US Family Office team to refine the FO strategy for the East Coast region and lead and grow the NY-based team of Analysts, Associates, and Vice Presidents. Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a sales strategy for East coast FO clients and prospects. Meet predetermined targets for net-new revenue, new mandates, and meetings.
- Identify and diligently pursue new investment opportunities through consultative dialogues with investors. Focus on strategic products for the group as well as mandates that will have the most commercial impact.
- Develop product fluency across BlackRock's investment options - including fixed income, equity, and alternatives
- Particularly focus on scaled outreach of single strategy solutions as well as targeted OCIO outreach and execution.
- Record client activities and opportunities in CRM systems on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively with partners within BlackRock to meet clients' needs and objectives.
- Lead support staff on assigned accounts to service clients and implement sales strategy.
- Manage junior team members and contribute to the staff's overall development.
- Develop clear account coverage strategy and robust support structure for NY-based FO team
- 10+ years of established track record in institutional relationship management and fundraising
- Deep industry and investment knowledge. Strong proficiency across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products. Clear awareness of key issues affecting institutional investors
- An established network of industry relationships, and their key stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance or Accounting). Advanced degree/CFA is desired.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualities:
- Proven sales background with a history of building strong institutional client relationships, preferably with the UHNW segment.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts; must have a collaborative and cooperative approach to a team-based sales model.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver high levels of performance.
- Capacity to move effectively and efficiently between engaging with investors, relationship managers and product managers to provide value added perspective and deliverables.
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility with the targeted investor community and senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong professional and personal integrity.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.