Director/ Executive Director Credit Risk Audit
- $180,000- $220,000
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
BSM Group are currently representing a client seeking a Director/ Executive Director Credit Risk Audit.
- My Client is a global financial services company that operates across the corporate, private, institutional and Retail client base offering a range of services including wealth management, asset management, investment and Retail banking .
- They are seeking a Director/ Executive director to join their Group Internal Audit Team and to drive strategic change and process implementation. The role will support the company in achieving operational, strategic, compliance & financial objectives. This will require assessing key processes as well as governance risk management and risk control within all of the company divisions globally. The team will work independently and the role will report directly to the Audit Committee & Chairman of the board of Directors.
Duties & Qualification Requirements:
- Strong credit experience, preferably in audit or risk management role within the financial industry with a high level of experience assessing the credit risks in lending and trading activity, together with broad product exposure across asset classes to both vanilla and structured transactions
- Experience performing Credit Risk Reporting and Documentation; including counterparty Credit Risk, Stress Testing, and Scenario Analysis
- Exposure to loan origination, loan administration, underwriting, credit risk management and monitoring process Lead and direct the team to plan and execute audit projects consistent with the audit methodology and department standards;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned areas and provide effective guidance to the audit teams;
- Manage appropriately the prioritization of testing activities using a risk-based approach to ensure scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, timing and budgets
- Ensure internal control weaknesses are identified; errors are quantified as applicable
- Identify systemic and emerging issues and strategic changes planned/undertaken by the auditees that will impact the audit plan, including review of business/strategic plans, review and update the Risk Assessment database for entities assigned
- Ensure audit reports are written to a consistent high standard of quality and are finalized / released within established metrics;
- Ensure audit findings are adequately documented in the Audit Issues Tracking Database
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders including appropriate handling of conflicts and issue resolution
- Coordinate work performed on behalf of the external auditors as assigned
- Manage the development of staff by providing direction and coaching
For any more information please contact email@example.com or call +9179020186