Director, Corporate Communications - Americas
Description About this role
The global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for internal and external communications efforts that advance BlackRock's purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being.
We work to develop compelling communications programs that enhance the firm's culture, drive growth, strengthen our reputation and build our brand.
Based in New York, you will be a key, senior-level, member of the Americas Communications team that drives external programs aligned to the firm's fastest-growing investment and technology businesses.
BlackRock seeks to be a leader in all that it does and the firm sets ambitious goals for growth. Key to those goals is a comprehensive communications and marketing agenda. You will join the Communications team that partners across the firm to develop and deliver creative, multi-channel programs across the full spectrum of investment products and strategies. Your responsibilities
- Partner closely with senior executives, business leaders, marketing and members of the Corporate Communications team to develop comprehensive communications programs that drive growth into the fastest growing parts the firm.
- Provide counsel to business leaders and other internal partners related to strategic business positioning and issues management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with industry stakeholders, with particular focus on business/financial and trade media across channels (print, broadcast and social).
You have ...
- Manage a growing team of U.S. based communicators supporting our commercial growth areas that help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives.
- 15+ years' experience in Corporate Communications, including media relations and issues management, in the financial services industry working either in-house or at an agency.
- Detailed understanding of capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors. A wealth of active and index product and investment knowledge.
- Exceptional writing and media relations capabilities.
- Track record of developing strategic, impactful communications plans aligned with business priorities.
- An upbeat teammate and driven self-starter with the ability to excel in a globally matrixed, fast-paced organization with tight deadlines.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.