Director, Channel Management
JobDescription : Title: Director, Channel Management Location: Preference on Southern locations to include Houston & Atlanta and open to other virtual locations throughout the US.
Identify, build and maintain relationships with financial advisors and ETF issuer sales teams serving a region of the North American market with programs designed specifically to meet financial advisor, portfolio manager, and wealth manager needs in order to increase the awareness, education and adoption of indexing. ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Understand competitive landscape of indexing, exchange traded funds (ETFs), and fixed index annuities (FIAs) including comparing and contrasting S&P Dow Jones Indices with competitor indices in key performance areas.
- Use direct wholesaling techniques and work with partner wholesalers to obtain 70-100 quality meetings and contacts with advisors per month which fall within established channel criteria.
- Master the Channel advisor strategy to deliver both prioritized and opportunistic education as an indexing authority to match advisors product interests in stand-alone meetings or in meetings in conjunction with an ETF issuer
- Coordinate and plan events to connect financial advisor attendees with S&P DJI and partner-firm subject matter experts
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with the most proficient and credible advisors using indices to partner in our education events
- Apply an understanding of how ETF sales teams are rewarded in order to effectively work with them, increase SPDJI mindshare with them and establish lasting and valuable relationships of mutual benefit.
- Identifies themes and ideas trending in financial advisor investment practice or regulation and communicate them verbally and in written reports to internal stakeholders and leaders periodically to increase our knowledge and our product positioning capabilities
- Track and report on metrics that illustrate progress in developing partnerships and improving distribution and acceptance of indexing
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in sales, relationship development or similar role
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans; high degree of ownership
- Strong stakeholder management/relationship building skills
- Adapting to and leading organizational change; proven ability to win over internal stakeholders
- Resilient with strong planning skills; comfortable taking the initiative to navigate ambiguity and ability to plan multiple events while delivering high quality results
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills working with all levels of employees
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven track record developing and using metrics
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment
- Team-based, collaborative interpersonal style
- Licenses/Certifications: No licenses required; preference to candidates with CFA, CFP, CIMA or similar certifications
- Travel: 30-50%