- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Director, Cash Sales
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Director, Cash SalesJOB DESCRIPTION
Name: Director, Cash Sales
Business Title: Origination Sales (GTS)
Grade: Band 5
Business Unit: Transaction Banking
Reports Directly to:
Transaction Banking Sales Team Leader
§ To drive "new to bank" cash management revenues and product/market penetration with assigned portfolio of International Corporate (IC) and Public Sector/Development Organization (PSDO) clients
Understanding of Client
§ Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision-making process.
§ Owns Account Plan commitments.
§ Pro-actively lead TB opportunity development with the Corporate Banking team.
§ Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
§ Build full access to senior cash management decision makers through active client calling.
§ Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
§ Input into Account Plans.
§ Development of cash, liquidity and transactional FX solutions.
§ Proposal and pitches to the clients.
§ Delivers innovative ideas and replicates through education of his peers.
§ Take leadership in navigating the organization to solve complex issues to ultimate raise the level of service we provide to our clients.
§ Revenue portfolio of >$10MM/year with growth targets of over 10%.
§ Complete ownership of client level revenue for cash, trade and TBFX.
§ Introduction of Treasury Solutions team to capture strategic treasury agenda.
§ Manage the execution through to revenue realization (as per scorecard metric of completed implementation rather than deal closed).
§ Use Transactional sales team input to drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
§ Document negotiation for new to bank business.
§ Active role in credit & compliance approvals on PPG deviations.
Client servicing support
§ Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. Corporate Banking or PSDO team).
§ Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external
§ Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct Behaviors).
§ Build strong knowledge of local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to ensure the business is ahead of the regulatory change agenda.
§ Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
§ Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
§ Country and Regional TB Heads
§ Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments
§ Country and Regional Heads of Functions
§ Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Broad banking experience Deep knowledge of TB products More than 10 years' experience in driving Cash Management business Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities. Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Cash and or Trade knowledge.
§ Strong credit understanding and experience.
§ Seen as an industry expert in Cash and/or Trade.
§ Sector expertise relevant to portfolio (i.e. public sector/development organizations/credit cards) preferred
§ Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business. Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals. Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input. Strong credibility with internal key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, Corporate Banking, Legal, Technology. Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the relevant terms of reference and policies applicable to this job. The jobholder acknowledges that he / she has understood and will abide by the responsibilities set out in this document and other related documents and any external / regulatory requirements.