Director, Business Transformation
The Role: Director, Business Transformation Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 13 The Location:
New York City & London The Team
The Lean/Agile Centre of Excellence (Lean/Agile COE) is part of the Operational Excellence Group within the Ratings Operating Office and is responsible for defining and building capabilities to drive cultural and operational transformation across Ratings. The team has a broad scope but a sharp focus on enabling transformative change through leading initiatives, building capabilities and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement. The team is small but high-performing: as such, influencing, relationship-building, training and coaching skills are key to the team's success. With high-profile accountabilities, the team works directly with executive level sponsors and regularly engages with the Ratings Executive Committee (EC) and other senior stakeholders across the organization. The Impact
Reporting to the Head of the Lean/Agile COE, this role will be responsible for executing a portfolio of transformational projects as well as building strong execution capabilities using Lean and Agile-based approaches (in non-technology teams and projects) to drive meaningful organizational change. Defining best practices and maintaining these standards will allow the organization to learn and leverage these techniques. This team collaborates with different, cross-functional teams at all levels of the company to drive continuous improvement and solve complex business problems. This combines senior expertise with practical, hands-on support for projects, operational activities, and strategy deployment. What's in it for you?
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experts in Lean Management, Agile and strategic execution to build your skills and experience in these areas. You will be at the forefront of a broad range of transformation initiatives with significant learning opportunities and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact. The role enables you to pioneer new ways of working, develop networks and communities of practice around these skills and help your colleagues grow and develop.
Your business acumen and experience will complement the teams you work with to help them take an end-to-end view in problem solving and solution design. You will operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and get involved in a diverse and interesting range of activities across all areas of Ratings, so being a quick learner, operating with uncertainty and continually evolving your approach are critical skills for success. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,100 to $228,700. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities
What we're looking for Basic Qualifications:
- Developing and maintaining lean/agile standards for Ratings in partnership with teams across Ratings
- Providing technical expertise, hands-on support for specific projects, problem solving exercises, and workshops
- Coaching individuals, teams and leaders to improve their operational excellence and learn new capabilities
- Fostering and contributing to lean/agile communities of practice, including coaching our network of internal green-belt certified lean coaches
- Leading certain value-stream aligned initiatives focused on operational and process improvement, with accountability for business value generation
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders across the organization, using their feedback to continually evolve our approach
- Execution of priorities supporting the organizations long-term strategy for Lean and Agile including building a strong partnership with the Technology organization and other SPGI teams
- Assessing and improving the lean maturity of teams and leaders across Ratings
- Supervision and oversight of the activities of more junior members of the team as appropriate
- 10+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related with experience and qualifications in Lean and Agile preferred
- Experience with complex initiatives, transformation and organizational change management
- Ability to work independently, at pace, think strategically and proven diagnostic ability in complex environments are critical
- Confidence and ability to deal with a range of senior stakeholders
- Foster strong collaboration with teams and leaders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid coaching, training and facilitation skills
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and credit ratings
- Willingness to learn, give and receive feedback
About S&P Global Ratings
- Practical experience in Lean Management/Agile in a non-technology environment
- Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable
- Sound understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business, ideally with experience working across multiple functions
- A strong customer focus is required which requires understand of who our customers are and how they use our products.
- Formal qualifications in Lean and/or Agile are welcomed, but not mandatory with appropriate levels of hands-on experience
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260804 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States