Director, Business Transformation
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Director, Business Transformation
The Director, Business Transformation is a key role within Strategic Operations' Business Transformation (BT) team responsible for execution of priorities of the BT team along with oversight and supervision of activities and junior staff within the BT team.
The Dir, BT role will play a key role in operationalizing digital operating model capabilities within Ratings. These include RPA, advanced measurement and tracking systems, management information analytics and reporting; and problem solving with a strong technology focus. With a cross-practice mandate to drive standardization and consistency across Ratings processes, the Dir, BT will work closely with Business Management and analytical / functional teams to identify opportunities, analyze and design solutions and implement them. This will involve leveraging the combined resources of the BT team including Lean capabilities.
The role will combine strategic thinking with hands-on expertise and execution capabilities. The ability to analyze complex problems, identify potential solutions and create strong partnerships across different teams to implement them will be key.
The business impact of the role is to be at the forefront of the execution of meaningful change in the way Ratings operates by improving our execution and implementation capabilities and driving towards the goal of transformation from a legacy business to a digital one.
- Lead projects within the BT team covering a broad scope of operational activities
- Working in partnership with Business Management, Lean and other teams within Ratings (including Data Science, IT) to deliver solutions to business problems
- Proactively identifying opportunities to drive continuous improvement and smart ways to deploy technology to solve business problems
- Ad-hoc data and business analysis to get to root causes of problems and analyze potential solutions
- Support Business Management and Strategic Initiative Owners with cross-practice implementation and design of standard work
- Create approaches for metrics and KPIs and operationalize using the BT team
- Develop sophisticated management information reporting (MIS) tools and processes
- Champion process automation using tools such as RPA and create a specific RPA competency within the BT team.
Capabilities & Key Attributes
- The role requires a deep understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business, ideally with experience working across multiple functions. The Dir, BT will need to understand developments, operations and issues across multiple and diverse business areas.
- A strong customer focus is required which requires understand of who our customers are and how they use our products.
- As an Associated role the Dir, BT will provide a bridge between Analytical and Commercial functions requiring knowledge of both sides of the business.
- A strong working knowledge of S&P Lean and Agile roles, processes and philosophy is required. This is critical to role modeling behaviors and developing team capabilities.
- A strong technical mindset and skills with a willingness to be hands-on where necessary. A strong interest in building capabilities that support the digitization of operations.
Background & Experience
- 10+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related
- Experience leading complex initiatives highly valued
- Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable