Director, Business Relationship Management- USPF/Northeast Tax-Supported/Sector Coverage
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever-changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Director, Business Relationship Management -Public Finance, Northeast Tax-Supported and Housing/Higher Education/Water/Sewer Utilities Job Description:
This position will act as a single point of commercial contact for new municipal and infrastructure issuers and for the relationship management of strategic accounts in the Northeast region with targeted focus on strategic tax-supported, housing, higher education and water/sewer issuers. Involves managing relationships with intermediaries to drive business, the identification of opportunities with new clients, the prioritization of prospects and active outreach. Responsible for revenue growth objectives for US Public Finance and Infrastructure focusing particularly on housing, higher education and water/sewer issuers as well as strategic tax-supported issuers.
• Individuals will be responsible for marketing with an ability to deploy a range of skills techniques in order to meet revenue and account projections. Manage existing business base. Develop and leverage relationships with intermediaries and large, complex existing accounts to grow and retain business and meet or exceed outreach goals.
• Expand client base, identify unrated prospects, develop outreach strategy.
• Analyze business needs and develop solutions, product enhancements and new development opportunities to maintain and grow business. Conduct regular status and strategy meetings with key account management to understand product and service needs.
• Identify and execute on upsell and cross-sell opportunities from existing strategic clients. Work collaboratively with other segments of Fitch Ratings in order to maximize opportunities.
• Create, develop and execute a tactical sales plan for the coverage remit based on business needs, client feedback. Prioritize opportunities. Regular monitoring to ensure plan remains current and within guideline. Collaborate with USPF practice to coordinate market outreach activities.
• Manage complex negotiations of commercial and contractual deals for new opportunities. Involve Global Head of Business Relationship Management in the process when necessary.
• Responsible for customer care and inquiries.
• Conduct quarterly account planning.
• Maintain awareness of market and industry trends to understand competitive environment. Participate in external conferences and events.
• Effectively communicate with all other areas of the BRM team to ensure that opportunities are being maximized
• Broad and deep understanding of the business needs of key stakeholders in the ratings industry (issuers, intermediaries, investors) and in particular, US Public Finance. In-depth understanding of the customer's business to help identify their needs
• Advanced knowledge of Global products and services and how they relate to customers.
• Ability to understand customer problems and implement a solution strategy to meet the client's needs. Job Skills:
• Has an excellent understanding of key market trends in US Public Finance overall with specific focus on housing, higher education, water/sewer issuers and targeted tax-supported issuers.
• Demonstrated strong and well-developed network with bankers and financial advisors covering these markets.
• Keen understanding of the regulatory landscape and operates accordingly.
• Demonstrated strength in effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong insight sales skills needed to identify client needs and provide solutions to these identified needs.
• Comprehensive understanding of Fitch brand and ratings products/services Fitch can provide.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues and across sectors.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.