- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director, Business Analysis
Location: New York, NY, USAAs a Lead Business Analyst within the Administration Group, you will help lead projects of high strategic significance to the company. Specifically, you will help direct the investigation of new business opportunities for Moody's Analytics in the US market. These opportunities may involve both organic and acquisition-driven growth. Your role will be to define, conduct, and manage research into potential customers, partners, and competitors for each new business opportunity. You will plan and oversee quantitative and qualitative analyses, ultimately aimed at helping the executive team decide and prioritize which business opportunities should be pursued.
As a senior member of a project team that is assessing a business opportunity, help to define and guide the exploratory work of the team. This will involve planning day-to-day activities, undertaking your own analyses, and verifying the quality of the team's output. You and your colleagues will be analyzing market dynamics, conducting research, collecting and crunching data, building financial models, and writing up your findings, all as part of making fact-based recommendations to the senior management of Moody's Analytics about whether or not to pursue the business opportunity. Responsibilities include:
- Lead group discussions about business opportunities, clarifying assumptions, essential facts, etc., and evaluating the pros and cons of the opportunity.
- Coordinate hypothesis testing, deciding what data is needed to test ideas, and then guiding the team to source and analyze the relevant data.
- Meet with clients, partners, acquisition targets, and other experts to gather information, validate hypotheses, and discuss findings. Plan and organize these discussions on behalf of the team.
- Define and conduct surveys, experiments, and other forms of research that will help clarify whether or not each business opportunity is worthwhile. Assist other Business Analysts in setting up and managing their own experiments.
- Mentor other Business Analysts and check the quality of their work, giving feedback as required. Help hire and select other Business Analysts to fortify the overall capabilities of the team.
- Formulate conclusions, and take the lead in preparing interim reports and final presentations. Help articulate recommendations to the executive leadership of Moody's Analytics.
- Maintain a broad awareness of the fast moving worlds of data and analytics. Keep up with relevant trends, technologies, and players, and identify topics of interest for the executive leadership of the company.
- Maintain a broad understanding of Moody's Analytics' offerings and capabilities, and then help identify how those offerings and capabilities might apply to new business opportunities.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in an analytically oriented role, working both independently and within a team.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working as a senior member of a cross-functional team, either as a lead analyst or an engagement manager.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and oversee qualitative analyses using a variety of methods.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and executing market research using contemporary approaches (e.g., A/B testing).
- Demonstrated ability to work with data and supervise others in doing the same.
- Minimum bachelor's degree, with either current or completed studies towards a master's degree .
- High proficiency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in addition to some knowledge of data management and/or statistical applications (e.g., Stata, SPSS, R, Matlab, MS Access, SQL Server, or equivalent).
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of database systems and data management tools; ability to program (e.g., in Python, R) is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to engage in discussions about "big data" and new technologies (e.g., blockchain).
- Strong evidence of being self-disciplined, highly organized, able to multi-task, and attentive to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take on new assignments and projects as opportunities arise.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time, with necessary authorization for travel outside the United States if required.
- Full professional fluency in English.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.