Director, Business Analysis
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- DHI Group, Inc.
- 13 Nov 18
The Director, Business analysis will be responsible for finding value-creating opportunities inside and outside of the business. He/she will achieve this by identifying areas for saving, enhancing revenue generation and evaluating internal and external opportunities. The Director will accomplish this in close collaboration with the CFO, members of his staff and the rest of the executive team in retrieving, organizing, and analyzing financial data and operational metrics and compiling the results in a concise, strategic format for the CFO, Executive leadership, and the Board.
The director will also be responsible for producing useful information reports and presentations for the CFO and CEO for the board, investors and other key stakeholders.
Brand (if applicable): Shared Service
Reporting to: CFO
Exemption Status (US only): Exempt
Date: May 2018
- Retrieves and analyzes operational metrics from internal operations support system
- Organizes and analyzes financial data and operational metrics
- Identifies trends and investigates variances.
- Compiles Key Performance Indicators; Identifies and analyzes variances from budget and expected performance
- Performs a detailed analysis of operations to help identify value opportunities (marketing, consultants, pricing structure opportunities, product investment potential, customer churn, other costs, etc.)
- ROI analysis of investments: products, launches, investment; establish a structure and process to commission and track investments
- Synthesizes deep analysis of performance information into concise actionable information for the executive team and the board
- Prepares all materials for board and investor presentations
- Supports the CFO and executives in strategic planning and assessment of merger & acquisition opportunities
- Identifies value creation opportunities through pricing, cost reduction, etc.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and handles other projects and functions, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- This position does not supervise others.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Independent thinker with proven ability to think through problems and present solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, team and communications skills
- Flexible, able to work in fluid environment with multiple on-going projects and tight deadlines, and able to work long hours when needed
- Must be proficient in MS Office with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive and detail-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple activities
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, preferably in investment banking or PE
- Experience designing financial models and dashboards
- Experience working with executive leaders
- Excellent data visualization, PowerPoint and other presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Requires the use of office equipment, including desktop or laptop computer with docking station, monitor, keyboard and mouse, fax, copier, and telephone.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Office environment; some travel may be required. Travel requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job as of the date this job description was prepared. Management reserves the right to modify this job in order to meet business needs.