Director, Analytics Content Manager
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Role Description
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions collaborates with investors, portfolio consultants and risk managers to simplify portfolio decisions made on behalf of clients with actionable insights through analytic solutions across the digital spectrum from automation and visualization to interactive analytic services and applied data sciences.
The Analytics Content Management (ACM) Team within PAG supports an ambitious agenda to ensure Aladdin's risk management capabilities define the state-of-the-practice. ACM plays a coordinating role in defining product strategy, curating client and prospect feedback, establishing product roadmaps, conceptualizing, designing, testing and deploying new capabilities, working closely with financial modelers, engineers, and product managers who come together to deliver sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools to the Aladdin community. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential Key Opportunities
- Collaborate with the Financial Modeling Group and partners in the broader BlackRock Solutions and Aladdin Product Group teams to define the product story for security valuations and analytics content and capabilities in the Aladdin platform, including rates, credits, mortgages, structured products and derivatives
- Engage with clients and prospects both directly and indirectly through relationship managers to provide subject matter expertise as well as capture product feedback and user stories
- Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skillsets and provide ongoing mentoring and feedback to team members and managers in order to meet objectives
- Lead a global analytical content management team responsible for orchestrating the model development lifecycle and acting as a business analyst responsible for requirements, data and infrastructure planning, model validation and governance, user acceptance testing, deployment, author documentation and release client communications
- Engage with partner teams that manage production and quality control processes and provide subject matter expertise and coordination to resolve client inquiries that are escalated by Aladdin Client Service
- Manage large scale projects that involve modeling, data and infrastructure changes in coordination between different teams
- Build and share expertise through client interaction, industry conferences, relevant trade publications, etc. Partner with client teams to drive adoption and address novel use cases
- 10+ years of experience related to the development of financial models including the deployment and application of valuation and analytics for a broad array of fixed income securities and their derivatives.
- Proven success in delivering analytics products with a diverse and demanding client base
- Experience as a practitioner or engaging practitioners in financial technology product management, software development life cycles, and agile project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team in an outcome-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, communicate up and down the organization and influence partners and stakeholders
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor's degree required
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or GARP Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.