Director, Aladdin Data Cloud Product Manager
Description About this role Director - Aladdin Data Cloud Product Manager, Aladdin Studio (Aladdin Data Cloud)
BlackRock is one of the world's leading asset management firms and Aladdin® is the firm's an end-to-end operating system for investment professionals to see their whole portfolio, understand risk exposure, and act with precision. Aladdin is the central nervous system powering the investment decisions of both the firm and its clients; a $1bn technology business that has significant growth aspirations over the next five years. Our mission is to evolve Aladdin as a platform, open up its architecture, and transform design/ease of use. The Aladdin Studio team is integral to this mission as we are developing a world-class digital experience which will help developers of all types build faster and more effectively on Aladdin. We are evolving it as an integrated digital application where you can discover data, build your own financial apps, and access industry-leading content, documentation and insight - with all of this delivered via a design-forward and client-centric experience. Job background
We are looking for a Lead Technical Product Manager
to drive the transformation and commercial launch of the Aladdin Data Cloud. The Aladdin Data Cloud is Aladdin's fully managed investment data-as-a-service platform powered by Snowflake, the world's leading database technology. The platform is foundational to Aladdin Studio, our workstation for thousands of developers to build ontop of Aladdin.
As the lead Product Manager you are responsible for the Aladdin Data Cloud product strategy and vision. You will work hand in hand with the lead product engineer and lead business manager to drive commercial outcomes, platform adoption and enable critical processes for BlackRock. This is an extremely high profile tech transformation initiative, which you will enable through direct partnerhip with Snowflake. We are looking for a product manager with passion for enterprise data products and significant experience in making them scalable, flexible and beloved by users. You need to possess a deep understanding of data warehouse products, an empathy for customers, and an ability to shape a vision for how the product should evolve.
Success in this role depends on your ability to understand Aladdin data, our technology stack, and our platform strategy; combining these to drive product developments for Aladdin Data Cloud that will transform our clients' ability to leverage data within their organizations. Your ability to keep the client top of mind will be mission critical - you will monitor industry trends and translate user feedback into potential opportunities for the product. You will be responsible for prioritizing product build and lead execution in partnership with both the Studio engineering team and the wider impacted teams you will need to influence in order to get key enhancements prioritized. Primary responsibilities
Essential skills and experience
- Own the product vision and road map for Aladdin Data Cloud that will transform and differentiate the offering; thus helping us drive commercial success and advance our technical transformation agenda. You will do this by translating our platform strategy, commercial priorities, and our clients' needs into a product vision and feature priorities.
- Influence senior stakeholders & partners to draw alignment on vision and deliver highest value product offering with greatest commercial opportunity.
- Drive product execution by defining, building and launching on our product evolution. You will prioritize build across features including data ingestion, storage, processing and consumption, and overseeing their delivery.
- Collaborate with Product Experience / Design Leads to optimize how we use data and UX research to inform the road map. define and solve user problems. Part of this also includes monitoring external trends and being able to communicate these in a simple, compelling way.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of target customer personas , particularly their needs and their pain points, including developers (both external and internal) and integrators.
- Contribute to the team's metrics dashboard , tracking measures of success and communicating this data in a consumable way
- Manage cross dependencies across teams to ensure alignment and mitigate risks.
- Define product KPIs and success metrics.
- Product management experience of minimum 5 yrs, leading all aspects of development from vision through to delivery and adoption.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud data platforms and ability to define and build specific features at a detailed level
- Broad understanding of all aspects of a data ecosystem ; spanning from data governance, data quality, security to consumption of data.
- Sigificant experience of delivering technology implementations using agile development methodologies.
- Teamwork - ability to work as part of a geographically diverse team.
- People leadership - ability to manage direct report(s) and inspire the team to deliver.
- Excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization, tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives, and inspire teams about things that should exist that don't exist yet
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use sound data and logic to make compelling business cases.
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering MVPs in market at rapid speed.
- Bachelor's Degree ( Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Experience using big data technologies such as AWS, Azure, Hadoop, Snowflake are a significant plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.