Director, ACT Invest Platform Strategy
Description About this role
The Aladdin Institutional Business prides itself on being a culture of high touch, highly niche, client first orientation. The Director, ACT Invest Platform Strategy will review client implementation processes and develop product and implementation methodologies, with a focus on data migration and business intelligence. This includes modernizing data migration and business intelligence configuration processes to extrapolate relevant solutions into an overall strategy.
This leader will work closely with the Aladdin Client Transformations executive leadership team, which is the professional services organization in BlackRock Solution's Aladdin business. This executive will also partner closely with Customer Success, BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI), implementation consultants, and business intelligence. About Aladdin
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with transparency. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Key Responsibilities
- Develop and bring to market an up-and-coming data migration product for industry leading alternatives platform, eFront Invest. Develop implementation methodologies supporting product
- Craft a product strategy related to business intelligence in the Invest product
- Lead a team to manages and implement the products in the marketplace
- Shortened and de-risked client implementation cycle
- Develop data migration process and technology resulting in increased efficiency, reduced project timelines and increased data quality
- Generate scale through standardized implementation processes and expanded use of eFront Ready templates
- Reduce cost and improve experience of business intelligence configuration for clients
- Engage senior business, technology, and operations leaders to align data and technology strategies
- 10+ years of experience of operating within financial technology or solutions provider business
- Experience of building data, business process, and technology strategies
- Robust object-oriented and functional-programming knowledge and implementation experience using one or more languages like Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience and expertise working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (e.g. MySQL, Sybase, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra or HBase)
- Experience with web technologies like RxJS, Angular 2+ (or React/Vue), and TypeScript
- Experience with investment management processes and private market data a plus, but not necessary
- Track record of leadership and delivery of large, cross-organizational projects, with measurable impact
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to influence all levels of an organization
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.