- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 17
Director - Sales Manager
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
Moody's Analytics is a leading provider of risk solutions to the financial services industry.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Executive to lead one of our Credit Product Sales Teams. The position is responsible for sales attainment, sales team management, sales strategy and revenue generation related to the Moody's Analytics Suite of Credit Products including sales of Moody's Investor Service research as well as a suite of both private and public single obligor credit models. It encompasses leading a national sales team focused on growing a portfolio of established accounts as well as new account sales responsibility. Candidate will have experience and expertise in managing large complex sales cycles. Position involves working closely with clients, sales staff and internal product strategists.
- Manage the Team to build and maintain new and existing client relationships through a strategic sales approach increasing sales activities and achieving quarterly/yearly targets.
- Management of the Team includes motivating, coaching, developing & appraising staff members to ensure that the team:
- are fully trained to meet the needs of their roles;
- achieve or exceed their objectives;
- create and apply best practices in delivering training and presentations to our prospective and existing clients;
- deploy the team effectively to maximize their impact on our client base
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining and training the team to optimize department performance
- Participate in customer presentations and maintain excellent customer relationships at key accounts
- Develop tactical plans that clearly define individual objectives, goals and assignments to implement targeted opportunities
- A bachelor degree is required - graduate degree is preferred
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years of successful selling experience to financial institutions
- Sales team leadership experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Good understanding of finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting capabilities
- Estimated client travel 40-50%
Skills and Position Requirements:
- The candidate should have sound leadership skills and the ability to engage in public speaking events including conferences and seminars to promote the Moody's Analytics franchise
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experienced credit sales management professional with at least 10 years of proven success
- Has grown and successfully run a Sales team on a national or regional basis
- Consistent record of exceeding sales targets and motivating the sales team to aggressively exceed targets
- Experience of selling credit related products and services into the financial services vertical
- Prior experience recruiting, nurturing, and developing a broad range of successful sales reps
- Possess a detailed and systematic approach to monitoring and appraising team members; not afraid to make changes when needed
- Strong background in developing and managing commercial relationships
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.