Director - Ratings Commercial Finance
Director - Ratings Commercial Finance The Location:
New York The Team:
The role serves as a critical component of the S&P Global Ratings Finance team. The team overseas the financial operations of a $3.6 billion+ global business that provides credit ratings for debt and loan issuers. The team works extensively with all key functions within S&P Global Ratings (e.g., technology and data, operations, product management, etc.). Business partnership with key areas is essential for this role. Additionally, the team partners closely with SPGI's corporate finance team to support the corporate monthly, quarterly and annual earnings and budgeting activities. The Impact: We are looking for a candidate that will help
We are looking for a candidate who will play a key role in supporting our sales and commercial leadership team. Will also play a role in forecasting revenue performance and using assumption-based methodology to build revenue budgets. The ideal candidate is adept at analyzing data while leveraging business expertise to identify the key drivers of performance. This individual will also play an important role in managing and mentoring other team members to promote career development. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Be a key contact in providing effective finance decision support for the S&P Ratings Commercial organization, including regular interaction with members of sales team.
- Develop relationships with members of the sales team to assist them with reviews of pricing proposals, discount reviews, revenue forecasting and other ad hoc analyses.
- Play a lead role in the monthly estimate and yearly budget process through development of models and forecasting tools as well as market research, discussion with sales team, etc.
- Combine metrics from multiple data sources to create new insights into what is going on in the business.
- Lead a team of 3 members in an environment that promotes development and growth
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Strong understanding of financial planning and analysis as well as business partnering
- The incumbent should have good time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities since many projects are time-critical with short lead-time for completion; independent problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Good communication and management experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint, QlikView, Oracle/Smartview,TM1, Anaplan, Alteryx, and Tableau or other database tools a plus.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,100 to $279,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265637 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States