- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Nov 17
Director - Product Specialist, Banking RegTech
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are seeking an experienced enterprise software professional to join the Regulatory Compliance and Capital Management sales team. This team is a part of the Americas Sales group within Moody's Analytics.
The position is responsible for prospecting and identifying sales opportunities, territory management, sales strategy, and revenue generation related to the Moody's Analytics suite of Banking RegTech solutions. These products and services focus on Stress Testing, Regulatory Capital and Risk Weighted Asset calculations, Balance Sheet Management, Impairment, and Regulatory Reporting. The territory consists mainly of banks across North America with total assets between $50B-$250B.
This Product Specialist position requires expertise in managing large, complex sales cycles, and involves working closely with pre-sales staff and Relationship Managers. Product Specialists manage and drive the sales process through the sales cycle. The position and territory consists of new account development and cross selling to existing accounts.
• Primary responsibility will be selling and maintaining new and existing client relationships through a strategic based approach in order to increase sales, and achieve set quarterly/yearly targets
• Demonstrate the superiority and value of the Moody's Analytics suite of products to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings and drafting proposals.
• Manage and coordinate Moody's Analytics' responses to requests for product and services information (RFIs and RFPs) from external parties, clients and prospects.
• Must develop deep, practical understanding of Moody's Analytics Banking RegTech suite of products and services, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance and Capital Management solutions.
• Must be able to identify/recognize cross-selling opportunities for Moody's Analytics by asking relevant questions to extrapolate the necessary information. This will also be achieved through working with the Relationship Management team.
• Work closely in collaborating with teams to ensure high levels of client satisfaction in all client interactions including issue resolution.
Sales & Client Services
- A bachelor degree is required. IT or business finance related discipline a plus
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years of successful experience selling enterprise solutions to financial institutions.
- Particular experience in selling to Finance, Treasury or Risk Management groups within commercial banks a plus.
- Must have a basic IT understanding e.g. can talk about platforms, cloud solutions, databases, deployment.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Good understanding of finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience a plus.
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting capabilities.
- Estimated client travel 25-35%.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.