Director - Legal TDS
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com Job Description
The role is for a Capital Markets/Investment Banking Senior Counsel. Requirements
• The professional will have a diverse range of financial products knowledge and strong writing and research skills.
• The successful candidate will have effective communication skills, strong issue spotting skills, be attentive to detail, be able to work independently and possess a collaborative and congenial temperament.
• As part of an established team, the legal counsel will provide day to day legal advice, assist in the development of new products and structures, represent Legal in working groups and multi-disciplinary committees and assist in the implementation of compliance programs consistent with new legislation and regulation.
• Working closely with the business as well as other support functions, the incumbent will be expected to develop effective high level relationships with senior stakeholders.
• Candidates must be effective team players and flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities. Qualifications
• To fulfill the responsibilities of the position, the incumbent must be qualified to practice law in NY State with a minimum of 8 years' experience in a law firm and/or an investment bank legal department.
• A combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.