Director - Investment Banker - Private Funds Group
Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– understand the key drivers, market trends, relevant players and related financial metrics in the Private Funds Group identify and tailor solutions for clients through in-depth analysis
– manage and support the development of junior investment bankers
– identify problems and recommend solutions that are logical and realistic
– demonstrate flexibility and tolerate changes in methods and approaches
– build and sustain strong relationships with internal and external clients
– work closely with colleagues in the Investment Bank as well as across the UBS Group.
This is a distribution banker role at the Director level in the US. You'll be working in the Private Funds group ("PFG") team in NYC. The UBS PFG sits within CCS, and is one of the largest and most successful global placement agents and secondary market advisors. PFG provides global distribution capabilities to leading private equity, infrastructure firms and real estate sponsors, and advises on all aspects relating to fundraising. On the primary [fundraising] side of the business, PFG comprises an advisory, deal management function, and a distribution function. The former encompasses all aspects of documentation, market preparation, fundraising strategy, due diligence and analytics. The latter centres around the distribution of PFG's funds and secondary offerings to institutional investors.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in finance, accounting or law
– experience in investment banking, accountancy, law, strategic consultancy, or a similar financial services profession
– solid financial analysis skills, with the ability to produce accurate presentation material quickly (you get it, and can communicate it to others)
– an excellent communicator
– a resilient team player, even in challenging circumstances
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.