Director - DevOps
Job Description As a member of the DevOps Team, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs. Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment.
• Participate in the design and architecture of large-scale application and service features
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Moody's applications.
• Participate in research and prototyping (proof of concept) different aspects of cloud-based applications
• Define and develop monitoring infrastructure criteria (SLIs, SLOs) for critical infrastructure and applications.
• Solve complex and difficult problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
• Participate in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Conduct periodic on call duties
• BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
• Experience in Database/Application High availability (DG, GG) and its best practices
• Experience in Performance tuning of the above areas
• Very Good understanding of large scale distributed systems
• Advanced Scripting/coding skills (Shell, Perl, Powershell and Python) . Knowing C/C and Java is nice to have
• Experience in Building and managing Linux/Windows OS systems with good understanding how the Linux kernel works (IO, Network, etc.) and ability to read and understand source code
• Experience in Building and managing Virtualized systems (ECS, Containers/Docker) and ability to read and understand source code
• Experience in architecting, managing and over site of cloud-based build and release engineering and configuration management
• Understanding of Agile development, continuous deployment and continuous integration, especially in a .NET or Node development shop
• Very strong analytical skills to identify problems root cause
• Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
• Minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience of AWS cloud architect
• 5+ years of software engineering or related experience.
• Fully competent in own area of expertise.
• May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.