Director - Automation - Data Operations Solutions
JobDescription : The Role
: Product Owner The Location
: New York City, NY, USA The Team
: The role will sit on the Data Operations Solutions team within IMPG (Index Management and Production Group). The team functions as a Product Owner in the IT Agile Framework and handles the coordination of all projects on IMPG owned technology platforms used for index calculation, index announcements, rebalancing, and index committee management and workflows. The team is involved in the prioritization of release items, supplying the business requirements for those items, user acceptance testing for each release, and related training for IMPG. The team is also focused on producing and validating automated solutions for IMPG to improve workflows and reduce errors. The Impact:
The Agile Product Owner works with other members within IMPG to improve existing procedures and to provide project vision and task prioritization. This includes understanding business processes, writing user stories, grooming product backlog, and user acceptance testing on both BAU improvements and funded projects. This person should be an expert on building the maximal business values. In addition, this person will partner with business, operations, and technology representatives to ensure our processes, systems and workflows are sound and periodically reviewed What's in it for you?:
- Work affects overall revenue stream generated by S&P Dow Jones
- Work reflects on the reputation of major S&P index series
- Work impacts the efficient use of budget dedicated to IT.
- High openness across S&P Dow Jones Indices on major technology initiatives.
- Ability to deliver impactful solutions that reduce manual work and improve the user experience
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Collaborate on an overall automation strategy for Index Operations
- Be a leader on the company's shift to an AGILE mindset
- Help provide Index Operations with pathways for improving skillsets via knowledge of Python, Cloud Technology, DevOps
- Work with other groups within the business (IMPG, Custom Index, R&D, and Governance) to develop requirements in the user story format for new improvements to our internal systems.
- Collaborate with developers and IT QA teams to ensure that they understand the business requirements
- Participate in the discussion with IT to identify the best technical solutions with limited resources and timeframe
- Understand the market, the customer and the business in order to make sound decisions
- Provide post-production support and training for the users
- Assist in the construction and improvement of calculation, rebalance and validation models by utilizing Python, Blue Prism or other means for automation.
- Collaborate with IMPG on process improvement opportunities within our index management and market management teams that may exist outside of our main platforms.
- Assure that any solutions built for the business meet all regulatory and audit requirements.
- Oversee large-scale efforts on the operations side to provide automation solution for our index rebalance processes
- Strong familiarity with AGILE Scrum Methodology
- Excellent communication skills with partners with diverse backgrounds and demands
- Hands-on experience with collaborating with IT development teams
- Understanding of equity and fixed income markets.
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in computer science, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Superior skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to program in Python
- Ability to develop automated solutions using Blue Prism
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to tackle creative, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Ability to learn S&P's proprietary index calculation engines.
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with others and handle projects
- Ability to learn new data and calculation platforms in a limited time
- Deep understanding of complex financial/indexing concepts
- Background in Data Science/Data Operations is preferable
- PMI-ACP or CSPO is a plus
- Knowledge of S&P DJI's index methodologies, processes and proprietary systems.
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of equity, commodity and fixed income securities/markets.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spdji.com