A Leading Global Investment Bank in Manhattan is looking for a Full-Time, Employee for a Director- Fixed Income Muni-Bond Development Manager for their growing Municipal Trading Technology Group.
The team has principal engineers and architects who are responsible for development, technical strategy, development standards and architecture. Your role will be responsible for man-management, budgeting, collaborating with the business and senior management. You will have technical input and be responsible, overall, for delivery. As such, you will be tested on your coding and design ability during the interview process. 20% hands-on in Java.
You will be managing 15 direct reports.
THIS IS A HYBRID POSITION- 1 WEEK- 2 DAYS IN THE OFFICE (3 DAYS REMOTE), AND THE NEXT WEEK 3 DAYS IN THE OFFICE (2 DAYS REMOTE).
· 8+ years of municipal bond experience required, corporate and high yield bond experience plus.
· Experience as a Software Engineer Manager/Programming Manager/Development Manager
· 20% coding in Java
· Experience in managing teams of software engineers- appraisals, hiring, budgeting, reporting to senior management
· Familiarity with modern testing and CI/CD development lifecycle methodologies and processes
· Experience in a Municipal Trading Technology space.
· Ability to collect and analyze large amounts of market information, distill its essence and communicate its importance to downstream consumers.
· Firm understanding of the principles of finance, fixed income securities, and business operations.
· Deep work experience with bond analytics.
· Creative problem solver with ability to perform well under pressure.
· Ability to learn quickly, adapt, multi-task and self-manage priorities.
· Detail oriented, with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control.
· Excellent client communications and presentation skills.
· Clear, logical thinker with strong quantitative abilities.
· Effective communication skills to interact with clients, traders, and research.