- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director-Sr. Project Director
Location: New York, NY, USARole:
This role is responsible for overseeing multiple complex software implementation engagements, ultimately ensuring client satisfaction with Moody's software solutions and profitability for the company through successful utilization of the team's resources across projects.
- Lead the development and successful execution of multi-phase project plans for large and complex solutions, including:
- Developing project plans that support the configuration, integration and implementation of software products
- Support clients in the development of joint program plans that ensure the successful adoption of Moody's solutions
- Managing the successful execution of project plans; monitoring and reporting on progress and facilitating adjustments as needed as and when requirements evolve; proactively identify and manage project risks and issues; facilitate coordination amongst Services, Product Management and Product Engineering; ensure project is compliant with SOX guidelines and other internal compliance controls
- Managing project administration in Financial Force (PSA), including timecard approvals, revenue forecasting, cost accruals, and project status reporting
- Obtaining client acceptance for all deliverables defined in the contract
- Coordination of post implementation support as necessary; support the development of proposals for follow-up engagements
- Recruit and develop staff as well as set individual and team objectives, evaluate and manage performance and professional development plans (dependent upon role).
- Managing the relationship with the client for the duration of the engagement, and continuing to act as a point of contact when escalation is required for post-production support. This includes managing the client's expectations and managing the communication with the client; proactively identify and manage client-side risks; and helping to coordinate internal teams to provide solutions to serious production issues that arise
- Lead workshops in business review, technical review, data mapping and testing.
- Support presales activities (presentation, proof of concept, etc).
- Communicate, track and direct requests regarding product enhancements and fixes to internal departments.
- Use non-chargeable time to enhance the company's capability to win and carry out implementation services work such as drafting statement of work contract, request for proposal, etc.
- Negotiate with clients to secure and maintain a good work-life environment (e.g. hours, travel, accommodation and flexible working) (dependent upon role).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree) required, preferably in finance or banking/computer technology; graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's/MBA) degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant working experiences in consulting, vendor, banking or IT experience in financial services.
- Functional knowledge of banking, IT, credit risk management and complex financial instruments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both internally and externally.
- Competent in managing and communicating with client's senior management and project stakeholders.
- This position requires the individual to be available to provide periodic evening and weekend on call support in line with business needs
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.