- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 18
Director-Financial Engineering (Structured Analytics & Valuations)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for product management and business development for our CMBS software and data. The position will lead a team of financial engineers and business analysts to manage client relationships in the use of software and the analysis of their CMBS portfolios, as well as work with senior leaders in the business to set the direction for new features and use cases for analytical and data products.
- Manage, train and mentor a group of Financial Engineers and Business Analysts.
- Consistently communicate team's activity with senior management.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in the use of software and the analysis of their CMBS portfolios.
- Create CMBS product strategy and maintain marketing collateral
- Create roadmap and prioritize development for CMBS products
- Act in a leading role with regard to large scale cross-organizational projects and initiatives.
- Lead offsite sales calls with the sales team to run demos for products, gathering requirements and conducting implementation for new clients.
- Develop and put in place CMBS solutions for a wide variety of financial institutions using analytic software and data solutions.
- Travel is required to conduct training and give presentations on software applications.
Structured Analytics & Valuations
- 7+ years experience with CMBS portfolio management, trading, structuring and/or research
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 10+ years of business/financial engineering experience with 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in client facing role required.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.