JobDescription : Director - Asset Owners Channel Management
The Channel Management group has responsibility for developing and executing S&P Dow Jones Indices strategy for adoption and increased penetration of our offerings in major client channels - Structured Products, Insurance, Asset Owners, Consultants, Financial Advisors and Defined Contribution.
We are seeking a Channel Management Director, looking after the South Eastern region, to identify, build and maintain relationships with key influencers in the asset owners market with programs designed specifically to meet market needs in order to increase the awareness, education and adoption of indexing.
- Cultivate influential relationships with a broad spectrum of regional institutional asset owners with the aims of: a) generating greater demand for SPDJI-branded indices and data, b) increasing direct and indirect revenue from the segment and c) demonstrating support of, and value for, direct SPDJI licensees (e.g. ETF issuers, asset managers, investment banks, etc). Revenue may come through data sales and internally managed IP licensing, helping to secure investment mandates managed by third party providers, custom index calculation services, etc.
- Understand competitive landscape including comparing and contrasting S&P Dow Jones Indices with competitor indices in key performance areas. Ability to effectively present and distribute these messages to Asset Owners in order to increase awareness and penetration of indexing and to develop a preference for S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- Primary contact methods include outreach efforts in order to obtain meetings with target Asset Owners in order to deliver an index-specific messages requiring in-depth knowledge of S&P Dow Jones Indices to comparable competitor indices. Record and report results frequently.
- Develop overall channel management strategy based on market research and market intelligence gained through interactions with Asset Owners. Build programs to deliver education, working with internal teams and external parties (e.g. trade associations etc.) to execute on the plan; monthly team updates, semi-annual updates to the operating committee and annual reviews required.
- Generate and maintain relationships, with a target on asset owners actively utilizing index based products through existing relationships, product provider sales distribution teams and networking to participate in S&P Dow Indices education programs.
- Improve investment mandate opportunities: explore and communicate opportunities to license directly with AOs, communicate exploitable opportunities via asset managers or other intermediaries covered by other reps, communicate new product opportunities with appropriate product management, R&D support.
- Assist in the coordination of events to connect asset owners with S&P Dow Jones Indices subject matter experts.
- Provide general support for S&P Dow Jones staff wanting to leverage channel education opportunities in USA; evaluate other education opportunities.
- Represent S&P Dow Jones in events and conferences as they pertain to the Asset Owner channel, including vetting and selecting conference opportunities, identifying speaking opportunities and topics and finding appropriate speakers within S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve buy-in with key internal stakeholders such as product management, sales and channel colleagues to communicate priorities, coordinate activities and provide direction and timelines for content production to support campaigns.
- Identify themes and ideas trending in US for Asset Owners and coordinate with Index Investment Strategy, Product Management, and Research & Design teams to develop research and content addressing those topics.
- 5+ years of industry experience in institutional sales and/or investment consulting sales and/or wholesaling ETFs and Mutual Funds.
- Knowledge of the Asset Owner investment process, decision making process, and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with Asset Owners in the US resulting in travel of up to 50% of the time of any working month (as much as 10 working days out of every 20 working days in a month), while demonstrating ability to work effectively from the road including monitoring email, phone, and submit timely reports.
- Knowledge of the US institutional distribution networks and influence forums (publications, events, conferences).
- Effective client communication skills in conversational speech, writing, and public speaking; and a personable attitude required to get things done within a matrix structure.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500 ® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based on our indices than products based on indices from any other provider in the world.
Since Charles Dow invented the first index in 1884, S&P DJI has become home to over 1,000,000 indices across the spectrum of asset classes that have helped define the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .