An Exciting opportunity to progress your career as a Digital Virtual Engagement Associate (VEA) and gain your Securities Industry Essential (SIE) and Series 7 and 63 licensing exams. This role is office-based in our 1 New York Plaza - downtown Manhattan office.
The Wealth Management Business Development & Field Training organization supports the Firm's Financial Advisors by managing the field sales support of non-banking products and the business development functions for our branch network.
VEAs will leverage Morgan Stanley's state-of-the-art tools on behalf of experienced Financial Advisors, helping them develop their business and increase client engagement.
- Use the Firm's digital tools on behalf of Financial Advisors to enhance client relationships and generate increased business.
- Drive adoption of the Goals Based Wealth Management strategy with Financial Advisors.
- Manage Financial Advisor's digital presence via channels such as Social Media and FA Websites. Tasks would include (but not limited to) initial set-up, monitoring metrics, and updating / posting new content.
- Publish client newsletters, created from pre-approved content, on behalf of Financial Advisors to create consistent communication catered to specific audiences.
- Proactively analyze client relationships and make recommendations to Financial Advisors on how to supplement the client experience.
- Establish, maintain and support strong working relationships with their Financial Advisors. Demonstrate accountability and a strong work ethic to promote confidence and trust in their work.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years professional experience in finance, business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, or other business-related field
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam required, Series 7 and 63 preferred, required within 3 months of joining the desk.
- Possess exemplary communication, presentation and time-management skills.
- Stay organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Be able to keep track of simultaneous competing needs of their assigned Financial Advisors and execute on all necessary actions in a timely manner.
- Seek constructive feedback and coaching from both the DEA Desk Manager and Financial Advisors, actively using it to improve how they approach future tasks.
- Travel required approximately 20-30% of the time.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions.
- Successfully complete background check and pre-employment assessments.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.