Digital Transformation Senior Manager - Tax - Global Employer Services
Are you a senior leader and strategic thinker who is able to integrate strategic business knowledge with market-leading experience to design talent, mobility, and rewards programs? Do you have an in-depth technical knowledge of the regulatory landscape and business environments in which global clients operate around the world? If you said "Yes!" and this is your passion, we have the perfect career for you! What you'll do
As a GES Senior Manager, you will:
- Lead global tax compliance, mobility compensation, global equity, and employment tax engagements.
- Provide timely and quality consultative services while exceeding the expectations of our clients.
- Develop client relationships and identify cross-functional opportunities while coordinating with other Deloitte service lines to deliver the breadth of Deloitte services to the client.
- Target and sell new and add-on services to current and target clients.
- Partner closely with engagement Partners/Directors for the development and delivery of proposals for target clients.
- Oversee expatriate tax and foreign national tax returns.
- Provide mobility program support; global compensation review; and tax equalization policy design, global pensions, and payroll.
- Collaborate with the Manager who will assist you with leading engagement budgeting, billing, management, and engagement team deployment.
- Be responsible for the development and motivation of engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Employer Services tax consultants help multinational clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their international and domestic needs. Our consultants come from global compensation and benefits backgrounds and work with clients to streamline business operations while managing the scalability, risks, and costs of programs. Our team offers a full-range of services and guides clients through their processes, technologies, and strategies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Global Employer Services.
As a GES Senior Manager, you will be a lead client contact with the opportunity to manage any of the following elements of service delivery:
Mobility Tax Compliance and Consulting: GES assists clients in managing individual income tax obligations for globally-mobile professionals working abroad. In addition to managing compliance, the practice also helps clients minimize tax obligations through the use of effective tax planning.
Mobility Compensation and Payroll: The GES practice also helps clients address payroll tax risks and reporting obligations for their globally-mobile employee population. Data analytics, a technology-enabled compliance process, and our consultative services are used to transform mobile talent programs, overcome payroll compliance challenges, and enhance efficiency and cost transparency to the organization.
ACA (Affordable Care Act): As the political environment evolves in the U.S., ACA Tax Reporting rules will change dramatically. GES is focused on advising clients on the updated tax rules and determining the data needed to complete mandatory filings, prepare forms, distribute them to their employees, and file and respond to IRS notices. As a practice, GES is on the forefront of pending legislative change that will impact requirements going forward, and on-point to advise clients of these refined requirements.
Business Travel Analytics: GES helps companies manage their business traveler population and monitor their travel by harnessing the data analytics that exist in their systems. This allows the client to make informed decisions and establish policies to control costs, foster employee satisfaction, and manage risk.
Business Aligned Mobility: Working with business and HR leaders, GES aligns mobility with broader business and talent priorities such as succession planning, talent development, recruitment and retention, diversity and inclusion, data-driven decision-making, priority market growth, and innovation.
Global Equity: Global Employer Services assists clients with all aspects involved in offering equity-based compensation to their employees to enable employee ownership while efficiently maintaining global regulatory and tax compliance. Working with stakeholder groups, GES provides end-to-end support including design, optimization, compliance, payroll, corporate transactions, communication strategies, and process improvement initiatives.
Employment Tax: GES works with clients to implement processes for the analysis, remediation, and ongoing management of employment tax and payroll obligations related to current, imputed, and deferred compensation across multiple countries as part of a globally-coordinated offering. The practice also provides consulting on global pensions, unrelated business income tax (UBIT), and the preparation of 5500 series returns for employee benefit plans.
Transactions: Transactions take many forms such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. GES focuses on assisting clients with the global tax, compliance, talent, and rewards issues that span the entire transaction lifecycle. The practice also helps identify risks and opportunities in each stage of a transaction which allows clients to manage risks and realize the value from their transactions. Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, human resources, international business, finance, economics, cross-cultural studies, or other liberal arts majors; ideally, with a related minor degree (for example, an accounting major and human resources minor)
- 8 years of experience in employment tax, global personal income tax compliance and consulting, global compensation, rewards, transactions, mobility consulting, and/or global talent strategy consulting
- Able to work within large, complex engagements and work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Strong executive presence, and communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, consultative, quantitative, and project management skills
- Leadership skills in managing client relationships and the ability to develop customized solutions to meet client needs; and the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality; and deadline and results-driven
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Master's degree or equivalent in the related field
- Strong technology skills including Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, QlikView, and Tableau
- Global experience (foreign language skills, lived/studied abroad, strong cultural awareness)
How you'll grow
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Global Mobility Specialist (GMS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people ,
we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATTSMGSL020