Digital Product Management and Strategy
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
Digital Product Management and Strategy
NYL's Digital Consumer Digital Properties team is responsible for building and maintaining NYL's digital front door, driving consumer engagement, conversion and brand preference. The Corporate Vice President, Digital Product Management and Strategy, will be responsible for defining the overarching strategy of NYL.com for users looking to learn more about the company, including job-seekers and media audiences. This leader will work in close partnership with various corporate functions (HR, NYL Foundation and others), technology and marketing to establish and deliver a roadmap of engaging and productive experiences for these audiences. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable discussing business strategy with marketing leaders and technical strategy with IT leadership. This leader understands customer needs and how to deliver winning solutions that leverage the latest technology to deliver business results. The person in this role should be a self starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and be passionate about driving change and transformation across the organization.
- Set the strategy for core digital experiences in partnership with cross functional business teams and technology
- Monitor in market performance (both data and user feedback); understand impact of efforts and as an input to next set of product iterations
- Be a thought leader on digital developments in the marketplace and have a strong point of view of opportunity/impact for NYL
- Deliver compelling communications to all levels of the organization to ensure understanding and generate excitement
- Develop business cases to support continued investment in core digital experiences
- Proven track record in leading a cross functional team comprised of a variety of stakeholders to deliver a winning strategy across a large, matrixed organization
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of disruptive technologies
- Creative and innovative user-centric mindset
- Organized, resourceful and results-driven. Tenacity to get stuff done.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities.
- Ownership mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.