Digital Platform Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 23 Oct 18
Digital Platform Manager
The Role: Director, Digital Platform Product Management
The Location: New York City or London
The Team: The S&P Global Platts Product Platform team focuses on defining, managing and supporting workflow solutions for professionals across the commodity markets. This creative team of experts collaborates with commodity functional product managers and drives continuous improvements in product innovation and usability. We are now looking for a Director to help drive growth and expansion of our platform capabilities with a client experience centric focus.
The Impact: This position should help drive the business to implement products/platforms and programs to drive client delight, new sales, client retention rates and price increases. The position interacts with clients/prospects and engages with leadership and peers across Product, Commercial and Technology groups. The Digital Platform Manager will interface with senior stakeholders across Platts, and the parent entity technology organization working toward the delivery of leading Digital Solutions and a world class Customer Experience platform. This role will be required to understand and assist with managing and developing dependent digital platforms and capabilities.
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play a highly involved strategic role within S&P Global Platts. You will assess and prioritize platform needs, drive cross commodity experience integration and identify market opportunities and the competitive landscape through market research to drive platform innovation and expansion.
Responsibilities: The Digital Platform Manager leads a group empowered to uplift the technical performance of Platt's digital customer experience platform. This role will lead a group of 'Product Owners' or Capability Leads for new technical and business capabilities that support delivery of customer features. Primary performance metrics are throughput and availability and operating cadences, all aligned to overriding business objectives. Areas of responsibility include:
- Team leadership
- Deliver new Platforms and Capabilities
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the online user experience using available data resources and analysis Perform detailed competitive analysis with respect to product/content capabilities
- Ownership and optimization of the user experience across a range of devices and platforms;
- Identify, prioritize and gain support for the platform product roadmap
- Drive execution from concept through launch
- Measure success and drive adoption
- Build a culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurial mindset
- Liaise with our developers to ensure delivery of projects meets the business requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business; delivering prototypes and wireframes to stakeholders at all levels
- Act as an escalation point for major issues with UAT testing and quality on different projects.
- Define Omni-channel CXX strategy: User Experience, Visual Design and APIs
- Assist in Usability concepts, User research reports and UX architecture
What We're Looking For:
- A strong leader and people manager who understands the strategy behind delivering Agile-based brilliant customer experiences across a variety of digital devices and sites, and who can lead a team towards Platts' shared goals and objectives
- An expert in creating compelling customer journeys, paired with the technical and strategic knowledge that helps bring them to life.
- A confident leader with a decisive nature and the ability to influence, negotiate and challenge
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution of large-scale digital solutions initiatives within a complex organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills with stakeholders at all levels
- Adept at moderating and facilitating product design discussions
- Proven background in user experience design to guide product & solution UX/UI designs. Additional practical experience in setting up SSO systems, xls-plug ins, advanced visualization tools would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable expertise of previous cross functional platform design, successful UAT, releases and release management; and project management experience
- Ability to manage expectations of various technical and business stake-holders and communicate UAT testing progress throughout testing life cycle including risks and issues, helping them to arrive at an informed decision for various go-lives
- Experience in people management, mentoring and performance management of direct reports
- Ability to effectively synthesize requirements of multiple stakeholder groups to define visual assets and technology enablers
- Ability to deal with a rapidly changing environment and able to lead change where necessary; can-do attitude and strong execution skills
- Commitment to high standards
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple projects at the same time is essential
- Proactive team player that drives personal, team and external stakeholders' execution and accountability
- Highly IT literate. Bachelor's degree in either computer science, information systems or human computer interaction. Preferred Master's in technology management.
- High degree of comfort navigating a large organization, building relationships, selling ideas with diplomacy, working and communicating effectively with people at all levels of seniority
- Project Management skills - not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning, who can efficiently and effectively guide a small group towards a goal
- A technical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Passion for digital
- Experience in identifying technologies that could be leveraged in e-commerce platform would be a plus
- Good understanding of new technologies that are now arising in the digital space like Big Data-Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning; would be a plus
- Prior experience in the commodities sector