Digital, Online-Mobile Risk & Control
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 15 Oct 18
Digital, Online-Mobile Risk & Control
Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
The Digital team defines the online and mobile customer experience for Morgan Stanley clients and advisors. As a part of the Digital team, the Platform Controls & Change Execution Manager will be responsible for evaluating risk, defining and testing controls; mitigating and resolving issues and designing and implementing key technology to protect Morgan Stanley Online and Mobile platforms and clients. The right candidate will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of the firm.
Responsibilities will include:
This role will offer broad exposure to the key controls, process and remediation projects. The main responsibilities for this role will be to understand and communicate the root cause and target state to resolve the issue or the target state for product improvement
• Facilitate business analysis and ensure on-time delivery of complex projects
spanning client, party and account entitlements, electronic document delivery,
authentication & security. For key projects, prepare presentations and
• Oversee or prepare RFPs for core vendor relationships and technology
• Perform Digital platform risk and control analysis to shape design, user
experience and sustainable robust controls.
• Contribute to identity & authentication strategy and program activity for Morgan
Stanley Online/Mobile Platforms
• Develop Business Requirement Documents and Use Cases for Online and
Mobile platforms and work closely with Technology and Operations to oversee
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Technology, Risk, Banking
product, Operational Risk, Operations, Security, Communications, ,
Legal/Fraud Operations & AML to understand business requirements,
information technology standards, information security policies, and other
considerations that influence how identity and access solutions and services
• Manage a project from requirements through to implementation, including
content ownership, notifications, UX coordination, testing, developing
communications plan, develop a rollout strategy to clients and release to
production as well as coordinate with stakeholders.
• Conduct competitive analysis and work with external peers/partners to
understand threat landscape and trends
• Manage vendor and internal partner relationships, software assessments and
occasionally represent Morgan Stanley in legal matters/arbitrations related to
online activity and usage
• At times, directly or indirectly lead teams or supervise staff and work product
• Experience in full lifecycle projects - ownership and defining and executing all
• Experience supporting product initiatives involving multiple systems and
processes, working through technical, operational, legal and business issues.
• Ability to develop and nurture both internal and external relationships
• Prior experience in Wealth Management systems and projects; FinTech,
Online or Mobile products; self-directed and robo-advisor platforms; managing
Online Security for a digital bank/wealth manager; Control improvement or
• Understanding of digital security systems and vendors
• Able to balance a risk versus control versus client experience mindset
• Experience creating, authoring and owning Business Requirement Documents
and Use Cases for Online and Mobile platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Self-starter with ability to manager multiple competing priorities in a demanding
• Thought-leader - strong familiarity with industry trends and best practices, and
a perspective on how to advance the current state-of-play.
• Keen intellect - ability to gather, analyze and synthesize a significant amount
of information, and turn it into a compelling product vision.
• Ability to independently drive projects to completion and ability to manage
multiple competing priorities in a demanding environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related
field is required.
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Familiarity with JIRA, JIVE, Sharepoint, HP ALM
• Role may require approximately 10% travel for corporate and sponsored