Development Manager - Middle Office Technology
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 09 Feb 18 2018-02-09
We are innovating our middle office technology and need a manager to interface with the business and lead the development of new technology to transform our middle office.
The Product Development Engineering Manager (PDEM) acts in a consultative nature to both the Business and IT in identifying, researching, and implementing end to end integration design and technology solutions/practices. The PDEM has a strong technical background and in-depth knowledge of integration technologies to drive the designing of the technology solution from conceptual to implementation. Partners with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering other IT teams across LOB's to successfully deliver all software and systems integration initiatives. Responsible for integration of new and often complex technologies into the technical architecture and process framework. The PDEM is a strategic advisor to the Business and IT Management on key technology solutions.
- Expert level knowledge across multiple technical competencies in the tools and technologies both currently leveraged across the enterprise. Expertise in these tools and applications allows the PDEM to have the knowledge and experience to evaluate new technology as it emerges and to relate those to strategic decisions with regard to the recommended IT architecture. May lead an investigation or task force into new or existing technologies and their application to solve business needs.
- Provides thought leadership not only at the project level, but in a strategic manner provides consultation to key business leaders and stays current on new technology. Responsible for technical governance of applications across channels and within or across a line of business. Ensures that reference architecture and standards are followed in critical areas. Prepares research, presentations, whitepapers, proposals, and sample applications that demonstrate how technology can affect, often, complex systems and increase the effectiveness of the firm.
- Works with project teams in a consulting role to assist with the adoption of technologies. The PDEM has deep knowledge of business goals and seeks to apply new and emerging technology with a business centric view. Partners with the channel manager and the business unit head to define and review technological strategies. Provides technical oversight to the implementation of technical strategy.
- Conducts technical research on technology trends and advances that have the potential to be applied to the business strategy, often creating plans for a 3-5 year strategy. Applies this research to the creation of recommendations, prototypes, and solutions in support of business and technical goals and objectives. Produces white papers, proof of concepts, and demonstrations that show the value of technology for the business.
- BS or BA College degree in computer science or related technical field with 7-10+ years of systems design, programming, implementation and integration experience including 4 years of demonstrated advanced major design initiatives.
- Significant experience in multiple advanced technologies or solutions in a distributed environment.
- 5+ Years experience within the financial services industry (preferably investment management or asset management)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience delivering APIs to internal or external partners
- Experience with leading projects through all phases of a software development lifecycle.
- Agile project management experience, including use of agile project management tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, Git, etc.)
- Expert skills in advanced technologies and solutions relevant to the business channel(s) being supported.
- Minimum of 6+ years of business process analysis and detailed solution problem solving
- API Gateway – Extensive experience with API Gateways – API Connect or APIGEE.
- Application Servers – Broad understanding of multiple application server platforms equivalent of Apache Tomcat, Redhat, Jboss or IBM WebSphere.
- General – Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- AWS – General understanding and working knowledge of amazon webservices stack
- Familiarity with modern software engineering methodologies DevOps, TDD, CI/CD/CT
- Demonstrated successful experience implementing technology solutions resulting in significant impact to the business
- Experience with Java/J2EE, IBM WebSphere Portal, UML, Rational Unified Process, OOA&D, entity-relationship modeling, XML, distributed computing and IBM WebSphere Application Server preferred
- Experience with Unix, and IBM Rational tools/Eclipse preferred
- Experience with Web and Enterprise Integration patterns/tools, and Web Services/SOA preferred
- Experience with reference architecture for complex systems & data integration preferred.
- Candidates with the following skills will have an added advantage:
- Hashicorp Technologies tools – Consul, Vagrant, Vault, Teraform
- Experience developing, deploying, and scaling applications platforms (Web Applications, BI Tools, Data warehouse) on cloud (Amazon, Microsoft, Google)
- AWS Solution Architect Certification