Development Lead – Platform Security
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Architecture Infrastructure and Middleware (AIM)
team provides high level of automation and self-service across the firm's technology footprint while developing products to deliver world class messaging, cloud, and security components to our firm. Our team's focus is to engineer solutions to improve the technology infrastructure moving from a highly manual current state to a tightly controlled automated state. AIM is comprised of 7 core services - Messaging, Web Authentication, Platform Security, App Engine, Discovery Services, Storefront and Responsibility Management and Entitlements (RME). The Role
We are seeking a hands on Development Lead
to join our Platform Security Team
. Our Platform Security Lead provides authentication, authorization, privileged access management, and data security solutions for BNY Mellon. Our systems secure nearly a quarter of the global economy and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds. You will be joining a team of developers and infrastructure engineers.
We are building our Security services to enable developer and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses many technologies to enable innovation for our business. It is our goal to build enterprise scale solutions that are cryptographically secure based on open standards and industry best practices.
We know how security is built, configured, and deployed. We write services, plugins, and agents. We configure, automate, and run many infrastructure and platform services. We understand middleware and infrastructure and provide the tools and services to protect these layers. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs.
- Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
- Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Apply security and privacy principles.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Use innovative tools and frameworks such as SpringBoot, Java, Angular, Docker, etc. on Linux and Windows
- Research, design, and implement software components powering our security platform.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base; Employ both Object Orientated development skills and Systems Engineering skills
- Work extensively with open source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open source project
- Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers and potentially impact millions of end users
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements. Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs. Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more development teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend, server-side that powers the user-side
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Distributed Computation and Analytic, data management
- Knowledge of security protocols such as keberos and advanced understanding of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles
- Small team DevOps (ansible) Preferred:
- Knowledge of the Privileged Access Management
- Experience in management, strong communication skills
- Able to work and focus in a complex environment
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: