Developer - Java
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 16 Dec 18
Developer - Java
The position of a server side Java developer has become available within the Mumbai Prime Brokerage PB Finance Tech team. The team is closely aligned to the Prime Brokerage business unit. PB has a global footprint with offices in all the main financial centers, it provide consolidated clearing, custody, financing, foreign exchange and portfolio reporting
services to the most sophisticated limited partnerships, asset managers and institutions. As a global business unit, it is very successful and is seen as a market leader in its field in a number of global regions.
Morgan Stanley is the number one prime broker on the Street, a major contributing factor to this success has been the emphasis placed on technology. To maintain the competitive edge Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is continually looking to deploy innovative technology to deliver solutions to their Clients and well as internally to service their client base.
With this global nature of the prime brokerage business and a flexible IT team structure there are opportunities to work on projects that are not bound by geographical location or business functions.
The team has a number of bespoke systems developed to assist the global business unit in the management and servicing of the finances of the PB business. Users are mostly internal to the Firm. The team is responsible for a number of core systems that enable PB-Finance Tech to provide the best in the Breed service to our clients. additionally the team provides secure channel for clients to send and receive information intraday i.e. Settlement updates
An opportunity that has arisen for a server side Java developer with strong programming experience to work on projects targeted to both internal and external users, using Java. There is extensive use of middleware services written in Java on a Linux platform with DB2 data repositories. The role offers opportunity to work in a dynamic environment on localized and global projects, with considerable opportunities to get exposure to the business both directly related to Prime Brokerage but also other departments within the Firm.
-Interfacing with business unit sponsors to elicit requirements and document detailed deliverables
- Involvement in the full development lifecycle of projects.
- Working as a part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Facilitate in the decision-making processes with team members both in terms of new system development and enhancement to current systems
- The candidate must have extensive experience with Java, including server side development.
- Experience of full software development life cycle
- Structured experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of core Java (J2SE) concepts
- Extensive knowledge of core Java programming
- Experience with object oriented development and design paradigms such as design patterns.
- Strong verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams.
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual.