Dev Ops Security Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
Cloud9 is looking for a talented hands-on Devops professional to help architect and manage the secure operation of the company’s cloud based technical infrastructure. This role includes responsibility for technical security implementation, administration of network security systems, creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation and a lead role communicating our technical solutions with internal compliance and external security auditors.
DevOps Security Engineer
Cloud9 Technologies is a cloud communications platform that provides voice, messaging and collaboration services for businesses. We leverage cloud services including AWS, cutting edge open source, and advanced WebRTC technologies to transform how people communicate within enterprises. We want to do for enterprise communication what WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger has done for consumer communication – with the security, control and agility needed by Fortune 500 companies.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs, who are also highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays and ICAP. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Waters Technology. We were also recently named the 2016 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology.
Many of our customers are in the financial markets, where traders use the Cloud9 service to engage with their trading partners. Today we operate across 21 countries, with over 400 different companies and over 3,000 users on our platform. We’re adding more users every month, fueled by overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a key member of the DevOps team, you will be a primary owner of Cloud9 technical security administration and reporting responsibilities ranging from planning, implementation and administration of network security technology for our corporate, development and production infrastructure on the Amazon AWS cloud. You will be required to implement and upgrade cloud compute instances, databases, and network infrastructure using security best practices. The successful candidate will have a lead role in security technology selection, deployment and ongoing management for mission critical production services. As lead for security implementation and management, you will also be the technical liaison for SOC and ISO recertification with external security auditors. This role requires excellent written and oral communication skills as you will be interfacing with Cloud9’s customers, management and internal functional teams at all levels.
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team with a focus on security while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems
- Contribute to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS
- Contribute to automation of our code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
- Lead projects through design, pilot and deployment for new security solutions across a large-scale production cloud environment.
- Implement, configure, and upgrade cloud computer systems, servers, firewall, intrusion-detection and network infrastructure using security best practices and incorporating solutions to meet or exceed SOC2, ISO 27001, and other regulatory requirements.
- Research security trends and emerging technologies, identify our business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of multi-regional security solutions.
- Review implementation of security controls and evaluate effectiveness, make recommendations for improvements
- Develop a strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors, i.e. ISO 27001
- Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts the institution in its best light. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses
- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during information security incidents
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years Linux systems administration skills including shell scripting, database programming, network administration and managing server infrastructures
- Knowledgeable in PCI, HIPAA, SOC, or ISO 27001 security compliance standards, certification, reporting and maintaining process
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Proficiency scripting in one or more programming Languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, Bash
- Experience with puppet or chef, CI/CD processes and secure SDLC preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GCP platform capabilities and architectural best practices.as well as experience implementing security mechanisms and controls in a cloud environment.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and experienced with firewalls, NAT, packet analysis and tools like Wireshark
- Familiarity with security forensics and analysis of security threats and events and able to perform vulnerability scans, analyze results and assist with remediation.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to understand technology sufficiently to clearly communicate the complexity in simple terms for key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Cloud9 Technologies LLC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its locations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or national law.