DevOps Engineer - Build Engineering and Release Management
New York | Stamford
Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills. What you'll do:
What's required to succeed as a DevOps Engineer at Point72:
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of team responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure to support Point72's Software Engineering team. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
- Work closely with the development team to understand the solution architecture and build requirements in order to properly build the CI/CD pipelines.
- You will be part of a growing team establishing the platform of the future for the build and deployment of infrastructure as code.
- Help establish best practices for code deployment to on premise and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Help establish best practices for integrating unit testing as part of the automated build pipeline.
- Work with development teams to create flexible architectures that can ensure enough capacity for traffic spikes
- Work with development and support teams to provide alerting and monitoring frameworks for applications and infrastructure to ensure monitoring for system health and performance across the entire stack.
- This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
We take care of our people
- Expert knowledge of Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines including experience using pipeline as code (Groovy)
- Development background - proficient in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, or C#)
- Strong knowledge of software configuration management systems and version control software preferably git
- Strong understanding of test processes and test strategies including test automation
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
- Good technical understanding of large-scale server and cloud infrastructures
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion and skill for quickly learning new tools and approaches
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.