The Global Corporate Technology Group is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg's enterprise IT system! This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward. The Role:
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for driving Infrastructure efficiencies in an agile workplace. Build new and improve existing tools that automate our back-end infrastructure for Network and Telephony. You will work collaboratively with the product owners and Engineers to define the functional requirements, research solutions, testing and development of tools to increase reliability. This role will work towards reducing the time for fault resolution, automating infrastructure provisioning and lifecycle management tasks. You'll need to have:
We would love to see:
- 5+ year in network automation experience
- Programming background with solid experience scripting in Python/Bash.
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Rest APIs.
- Proficiency with SQL or other relational databases
- Good understanding of system administration workflows such as systems patching, lifecycle refreshes and infrastructure implementation
- A firm understanding in the agile methodology to provide continuous iterations
- Knowledge of the security aspect of an IT Organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
Does this sound like you?
- Good understanding with various Linux OS flavors, Cisco IOS and Arista EoS
- Basic understanding of IP Telephony and Collaboration technologies
- Good understanding of system and software security, authentication systems etc
- Experience with monitoring, dashboarding and log aggregating frameworks such as Splunk and/or SolarWinds Orion
- Experience with scrum tools such as Jira
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our Teams innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.