- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Oct 18
The Role: Deputy Controller
The Location: 55 Water St, NY, NY 10025
What we're looking for:
- Excellent maturity and judgment, and the ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain composure under pressure and have the ability to balance competing priorities.
- The patience and communication ability to establish instant credibility and relate effectively with internal stakeholders. Exceptionally goal-oriented with the ability to design and instill sustainable controls and audit mechanisms to ensure the accuracy of the output of the Accounting team.
- Highly analytical. Able to rapidly and accurately distill complex information and communicate the information through a concise and readily understandable message.
- Executive presence with the ability to articulate a vision, establish a clear sense of direction and create accountability.
- Team-oriented, able to work effectively with a variety of personality types, non-political, non-territorial.
- Ability to thrive and succeed within this unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches. S/he needs to be hard working, confident and goal oriented.
- Proven ability to demonstrate ethics, integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Assist with oversight for all accounting strategies and activities, including implementation of new accounting standards.
- Drive finance and accounting efficiencies though enhanced processes, organizational capabilities and internal controls.
- Collaboratively partner with the Division CFOs and their accounting and finance teams and other members of senior management to proactively understand financial and accounting implications of transaction streams and potential transaction structuring.
- Ensure financial accounting a policy integrity and drive operational excellence in financial accounting processes to provide timely and accurate information to internal stakeholders
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Coordinate resolution of accounting matters with external auditors.
- Work with legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial matters.
- Collaborate with financial and analysis teams to develop and utilize forward looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations and business plans.
- Assist with and execute implementation of corporate policies across the Company's product groups and functions.
- Remain up to date on best practices and applicable accounting policies.
- 12+ years of broad finance experience within a global business services firm, strategic consultancy, financial services firm, with in-depth purchase price accounting experience;
- Experience with partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial accounting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with, executive management and teams in a multi-location, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading teams, managing projects and managing the financial accounting implications associated with those projects
- Experience working with shared service, internal audit and tax functions.
- Experience in or knowledge of accounting within a services environment, including compliance and reporting, with extensive revenue recognition experience.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- BS in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA or "Big 4" experience preferred.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Ability to dig into the details to implement strategy, as needed.
- Meaningful experience planning and implementing post-acquisition integration projects, including those involving multinational businesses