Deployment Tooling and GitOps Engineer
We build infrastructure platforms and tooling to enable other teams to build modern horizontally scalable data-intensive applications. Hundreds of people use our software to deploy complex applications to thousands of nodes on a daily basis, and our expertise is central to designing these complex applications and sustainable deployment strategies for them. Our solutions drive applications consumed both by Bloomberg employees and customers of the Bloomberg Terminal, used by hundreds of thousands of people every day. Somebody in this position will:
You need to have:
- Develop internal deployment orchestration platforms used to deploy hundreds of applications to both on-premises and public cloud, through the use of industry-standard, open-source deployment tooling
- Develop policies and guidelines for the optimal architecture of applications in such environments
- Develop tooling to provide seamless developer experiences as they promote their application from sandboxes up to customer-facing production environments
- Work with teams as they migrate onto our deployment platform
We'd love to see:
- A thorough understanding of GitOps, immutable infrastructure principles, and 12-factor applications
- In-depth knowledge of Hashicorp tools, primarily Terraform and Packer
- Experience in the Python and Go programming languages
- Experience with Jenkins, Argo, Circle CI, or another deployment automation platform.
- Experience in public cloud environments (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
How we give back:
- Frontend development experience with React and NextJS
- Experience with Kubernetes, either as an administrator of Kubernetes clusters or as a developer deploying applications to Kubernetes
- Experience with workflow systems, especially Argo Workflows
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Experience contributing to open source projects, including any of the tools listed above
If this sounds like you:
- We make extensive use of Open Source Software. As part of that, we make a commitment to upstreaming features and bug fixes to the software we use. Whether pushing bug fixes upstream, developing new features, giving presentations at conferences/meetups, or collaborating with industry leaders, open source is at the heart of our team. It's not just something we do in our free time -- it's how we work.
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.