Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Intern - Valuation Real Estate (Winter 2020)
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Do you have a passion for real estate and the various asset classes within the industry? As an Intern in our Valuation and Modeling practice at Deloitte, you'll join our real estate team and have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills by participating in a variety of projects. You'll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by real estate transactions and key business and investment decisions. Work you'll do
You will have the opportunity to work on projects to help advise clients to effectively select, deliver, manage, and value investments in capital assets and real estate to maximize returns and reduce risk. You'll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions and execute on those decisions to drive performance. Your responsibilities could include:
• Conducting research from both primary and secondary data sources
• Data mining and organizing data
• Interviewing market participants and property managers
• Writing quality memos and appraisal reports
• Performing lease abstractions, audits & revenue optimization analysis
• Performing financial / cash flow modeling
• Preparing Argus/DYNA/Excel based models
• Analyzing of economic and/or demographic data
• Understanding and applying applicable audit / reporting rules and analyses
• Performing inspections of real estate projects, and performing 3rd-party appraisal review The team
Our Deloitte Advisory Valuation Real Estate team serves clients throughout nearly all industries, handling many types of property-related issues, including due diligence, lease advisory, market analyses, underwriting process evaluations, portfolio related services, litigation support and expert witness services, and complex property analysis and valuation. Our professionals frequently deal with large portfolios of real property assets on a regional, national and even global basis.
We also cover the full spectrum of real estate valuation services, from evaluating large and diverse portfolios to performing single-property analyses, as well as identifying and performing valuations of tangible and intangible real estate-related assets.
Learn more about our Valuation market offering at Deloitte . Qualifications
• Pursuing a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in one of the following majors including: Real Estate, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a Real Estate / Economic focus, or a related field of study
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
• Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 20% may be required, dependent on role and location
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. industry internships, summer positions, school jobs) How you'll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop the analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. Working with client service teams on real business problems, our internship program is designed to help you develop the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets to make the most of your internship. You'll work with valuation professionals, gain first-hand exposure to the day-to-day responsibilities and challenges and develop insights while working on client engagements. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. Interns will be invited to participate in a Risk and Financial Advisory Internship Conference hosted during the summer at Deloitte University. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center . Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte . Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world . Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals .
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: S20RECFI21JANLS-REC