Debt Capital Markets Analyst/Associate
What is the opportunity?
In this position the Analyst/Associate will support senior bankers in origination, syndication and execution of high grade debt transactions for Natural Resource Companies. They will also work closely with other product groups within the fixed income group and investment banking. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- You will prepare and distribute market commentary and economic updates on a daily and weekly basis
- Track, compile and distribute new investment grade bond issuance information
- Prepare and distribute indicative pricing information for clients
- Generate and maintain client presentations. In this position you will liaise with traders to obtain pricing information in secondary markets and assist with special ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigned
- Work with investment banking and corporate banking peers to effectively cover clients in all aspects of their debt market financing needs
- Assist in executing debt, subordinated debt and preferred offerings in the capital markets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Math or related field required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills - able to analyze numbers very well
- Financial modeling experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of accounting and ability to interpret financial statements is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are a must. Familiarity with Bloomberg is a plus
- Knowledge of general capital markets as well as interest in DCM specific market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities including working for multiple people
- Overall positive attitude with willingness to perform beyond what is being asked
What's in it for you?
- Series 7, 63, 79 certified helpful but not required
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.