Debt Asset Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 25 Apr 19
Debt Asset Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO currently invests in real estate debt opportunities through PIMCO Commercial Real Estate Debt Fund ("PCRED"), a closed-end fund expected to reach $1.5BN in equity commitments. In addition to PCRED, the CRE debt team also invests in real estate debt opportunities through several other existing credit strategies.
The firm's U.S. real estate debt team sources, underwrites, and invests along the entire debt capital stack including senior financing, mezzanine financing, commercial mortgage backed securities, and preferred equity. The team benefits from a flexible pool of capital with the ability to invest across asset types, geographies, and the capital structure. CRE Debt Associates work closely with senior members of the team to assist in underwriting and executing real estate transactions for PCRED and other PIMCO investment vehicles.
Working within the US Commercial Real Estate debt team, the Asset Manager will monitor and manage debt investments across all phases of its life cycle post-origination. The key responsibility of this hire will be to provide oversight to the existing private CRE loan portfolio, ensuring proper performance of loan assets held across a number of PIMCO fund vehicles. Providing drive and leadership, the individual must communicate frequently with other members of the US CRE team to capitalize on group synergies and to ensure decisions are consistent with the overall investment thesis.
New York, NY / Newport Beach, CA
- Proactively manage a portfolio of debt investments to create and protect maximum value.
- Approve and oversee borrower execution of asset level business plans.
- Monitor servicing and administration of project draws / fundings
- Manage day-to-day interactions with borrowers and servicers
- Participate in credit process and assist in underwriting, review of borrower business plans, and transition activities to asset management.
- Manage all reporting information to internal and external parties.
- Assist in refining best-in-class asset management policies and procedures.
- A college degree in business administration, real estate, finance, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of asset management experience at institutional quality lender.
- 5+ years of professional experience in real estate or related industry.
- Debt asset management experience required.
- Experience across all asset classes, ideally including office, hospitality, land, multifamily, retail, industrial, and for sale housing preferred.
- Proven experience/skills working across cross-functional teams (internal/external constituencies).
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing reporting and reviewing accounting functions.
- Driven, energetic, well-organized, good administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Poised, articulate, effective presentation skills, both written and oral.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office