Database Administrator/Engineer - Enterprise Trading Network I0I (Contractor)
The Bloomberg IOI (Indications Of Interest) Network is globally recognized as the industry-leading source for real-time pre-trade liquidity discovery and post-trade market share analytics. It connects institutional investors with the brokers that can help them realize their investment strategies. It also brings transparency to the market and allows brokers to compete with each other on objective metrics. Our clients access the power of the network through a suite of real-time data and premium analytics products that we build and maintain.
We constantly update our infrastructure, to offer the best possible experience to our clients and maintain the ability to respond promptly to new market challenges. We need to transition our system to a new relational database infrastructure. We are looking for a Database Administrator/Engineer to help us achieve that while adhering to the demanding up-time and performance expectations our current system has created. In this role you will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment where your contributions are recognized and make a direct impact on the team, the product and the global markets. We'll trust you to:
- Rapidly absorb the current infrastructure, while building domain knowledge.
- Set timelines for your work with clearly defined milestones.
- Manage delivery risk and escalate problems early.
- Take a data-centric approach to ensure the quality of your deliverables.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment. You need to have:
- Experience designing and tuning enterprise database solutions.
- Experience developing and tuning Stored Procedures.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with DB2.
- Development experience with
- Linux shells